cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

AW3S0ME
Adept II

5800X failing CoreCyler v0824

I have a 5800X that core 05 fails CoreCycler v0824 consistently.  What do I do in this case?  I'm past the Micro Center return policy and just recently found out about this.  I've had the CPU for maybe a little over a year.

Thanks

0 Likes
10 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Is your system performing normally?

0 Likes

No it's consistently failing CoreCycler on one specific core.

0 Likes

Maybe you should be talking to the App. Dev., there are discussion threads around (overclock.net for one). 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Does everyone think a CPU failing an SSE test is ok: while others don't fail?  It's Prime95, SSE, FFT Size 8960K-32768K

0 Likes

Are you running default settings? 
is PBO enable?  If yes turn it off and try again.
Dit you set an manual Core Voltage in bios or other program?

What are the Clock speeds on Core 5 when running corecycler?

0 Likes

Default settings. 

I left PBO on Auto.

I've never adjusted voltages.  IF is running stock, and memory is running at default.

Using an Asus Dark Hero, AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.5 aka bios 3904.

I've been running the test randomly the past 24hrs and now I'm getting passing results.  Core 05 is the second fastest core in the system so it gets a higher boost.  Why would the CPU behave like this?

EDIT: well I'm really making an a** out of myself here.  It just failed core 0 smh, on Iteration 2.

EDIT2: I appreciate all the help here.  I'm going to have to decide whether to keep this system or not.  I'm going to look deeper into the problem before making a final decision, but thanks everyone.

EDIT3: so it failed while PBO was disabled, core 0 2nd iteration.  With PBO enabled it fails Core 05 consistently.

0 Likes

Before you think the cpu is defect, there can be allot of other things. 
Now you have random errors and i think more like a memory of bios issue.

Things you can try :

a :Can you  start with bios reset (full reset and delete all saved profiles). Change nothing and try again.
a1:Reflash bios. (i had wierd issue in the past and that solved my problem)

b: If this not helping try 1 memory module at once. (run memtest)
c: Load XMP profile
c1 : Load XMP profile and put the DRAM timing manually (some xmp profiles are bad and causes errors)

0 Likes

@AW3S0ME wrote:

Does everyone think a CPU failing an SSE test is ok: while others don't fail?  It's Prime95, SSE, FFT Size 8960K-32768K

At that FFT Size I'm fairly certain there is also memory being tested.  Try using the smallest FFT Size.  Have you already made absolutely sure your memory is stable first?  Using Memtest86 or Testmem5?

If you think a specific core is failing, try disabling that core using Ryzen Master, then run your stress tests.  If no problems, then you've found your problem.  Just to be absolutely sure, you can try testing your CPU in another system and see if the same core fails.

P.S. Setting mobo settings to Default doesn't always mean it is running at AMD's recommended defaults, it means it's running at the mobo defaults, which could be overclocked settings.

0 Likes

I'll check again with TM5.  I ran the default 1usmus test for 20 cycles before. 

It seems with PBO enabled on my Dark Hero w/Agesa 1205 core 05 will still continue to fail the default CoreCycler test but when PBO is disabled I'll get seldom random core errors. 

I'll try other tests like OCCT, and P95 small FFTs also.  I do have another X570 system to drop it into and test.  And I'll give the Ryzen Master option a try. 

I did reset my bios also and did some changes.  SMT is disabled.  Disabled Global C-States, etc.

0 Likes
m_ps_
Journeyman III

Hey, a bit late i know... but I am facing the same problem with an x570 dark hero and a 5800x. 
Run OCCT and core cycler. 
PBO enabled will give errors in OCCT from core 0
PBO disabled will not give errors in OCCT but will give random errors in all cores in corecycler. 

All voltages set to auto, ram in docp 3600 cl 14 and fclk 1800. 

No WHEA errors in HWinfo64.

Tried both older bios (3801 which was the last with no x3d support) and the latest available 4702. Didn't make a difference.

Did you find a solution?

0 Likes