Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

tgiaf
Journeyman III

5600X wont run Default, PBO, or auto OC. only works on manual

Hey all, 

just recently got a  ryzen  r5 5600x system, ive always used intel so it was very new to me. i played around with the oc in bios and ryzen master for abit and found out my cpu won't run anything beside manuel oc, if i try to use ryzen master and switch to PBO, auto oc or even default it would boot loop. the Manuel oc is 1.33V on 4.4ghz. if i lower the volt it would crash. when i try to change it in the bios, it won't recognise the change at all, i think that's from the ryzen master overriding the changes. 

my specs 

CPU : R5 5600X

cooler : deepcool l120 aio

GPU : RTX 3080 GAINWARD PHANTOM

MB   : GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO AX

RAM : KINGSTON HYPER X FURY 3200MHZ  8/X16

PSU : GIGABYTE 850 (im aware of the problem with this psu, im in the process of changing it )

hdd : adata nvme drive 

system runs idle at 46 , with load at 80

Trouble shoots ive attempted :

clean uninstall ryzen master from registry

reset cmos. battery and from motherboard pins

fresh install of windows 

reformate SSD

rebuild computer

checked pins on cpu and mb socket

checked ram, gpu, psu and sdd on other computers

I'm honestly so lost, since ive never had any problems like this with intel before, if anyone has any input please feel free to give me some advice. tyvm 

0 Likes
4 Replies

I can give you my basic non OC bios settings if you want, but for overclocking you'd be better to ask on an 'overclockers' forum.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

disable pbo and try...

enable pbo will crash for some gold core and need curve to be positive to gain stability....

those who is stable is just lucky.... mine not..

0 Likes

when i disable or enable it through bios, it won't recognise the change i made when i boot, the Manuel oc overrides it, if i disable the Manuel oc the pc won't boot at all. if i try to change Manuel oc to anything else through ryzen master, it will just crash. 

0 Likes

update to latest bios

0 Likes