cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

crenshaw1979
Adept II

5600x - Sudden Loss of Power - Prime95 error at 3:13 hours

UPDATE - Prim95 error at 3:13 hour mark - (I never ran this test more than 1.5 hours, this time I forgot to turn it off and found an error after a nap).  This error was created with BIOS overclock set to OFF vs AUTO, so CPU never exceeded 3.68GHz and ((usually boost up to 4.6GHz when BIOS set to AUTO)) ADATA 3600 RAM XMP was not used and set to AUTO, and speed manually set to 3600).  Is this proof of my CPU being the problem or?

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected running 2400K FFT

========================

My build randomly loses power during gaming. - I have replaced EVERY device listed below except for the CPU. - no over clocking but when I let RYZEN auto overclock my system was more stable and crashed less.  Furmark, Prime95 and OCCT, Benchmarks like Valley and Heaven left to run over night several times have never crashed my system.  Programs listed above do not crash my system.  I have tried 3 mothers board, Asrock B550M Pro (two of them) and my current Asrock B550 TaiChi, system specs below. 

• Age of Empires 4 will crash my stock setup after 1-10 minutes of gaming,
  • Creeper World 4 will crash my system after 10 - 60 minutes.
  • Youtube video will crash my system - VERY rarely

NO BSOD - only sudden power loss.

• Event View only shows me:
    • WHEA-Logger

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 6

APIC ID on 7 of the 10 crashes were "6" other crashes also showed the following.

• APIC ID: 7
  • APIC ID: 2
  • APIC ID: 3

System Specs: 

Stock BIOS and System Settings

• MOBO: Asrock TaiChi B550
  • CPU: AMD 5600x
  • GPU: AMD Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 not XT
  • RAM: ADATA 3600MHz CL18-20-20 - AX4U360038G18A-DT60 - 2x8 (passed Extended windows MEMtest for 8+ hours no errors with XMP profile 1, 2 and AUTO)
  • Storage - Boot WD NVME  500GB SN750 (other Drives - WD NVME  SM750 2 TB, Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB and 2 Samsung 840 Pros 256GB)
  • Power: eVGA 750 watt Platium with a CyberPower 850 watt UPS.
  • BIOS is 2.0 (latest version)
  • OS: Windows 11 - Fresh Install (several re-installs to be honest) All known drivers are up to date.
0 Likes
0 Replies