cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

spinost
Newcomer

2600x : 1.4V without overclocking (AMD advises max 1.35V)! Normal?

FR :

J'aimerais oc mon processeur AMD Ryzen 5 2600x, mais il est mesuré à 1.4V sur CPU-Z, sans overclocking, alors qu' AMD conseille de ne pas dépasser 1.35V pour du h24 ! Dans le Bios, la Fréquence et le Voltage sont sur "auto" Que ce passe t'il je dois renvoyer le processeur ? je l'est depuis déjà 9 mois...

EN :

I would like my AMD Ryzen 5 2600x processor, but it is measured at 1.4V on CPU-Z, without overclocking, while AMD advises not to exceed 1.35V for h24! In the Bios, Frequency and Voltage are on 'auto' What happens to me I have to send back the processor? I have been for 9 months ...

0 Likes
1 Solution
eddiez
Adept II

If you have your settings on AUTO (using PBO/XFR2), the processor will manage its own voltage and core CPU speeds. 1.45/1.46v is normal and will only be during peaks. If you changed your setting to manual and do not  use PBO/XFR2, you could try to undervolt by 0.50/0.100 Mv to lower the voltage/temperature.

Also, set you Windows energy setting to Balanced.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

What is the voltage in Ryzen Master?

0 Likes
eddiez
Adept II

If you have your settings on AUTO (using PBO/XFR2), the processor will manage its own voltage and core CPU speeds. 1.45/1.46v is normal and will only be during peaks. If you changed your setting to manual and do not  use PBO/XFR2, you could try to undervolt by 0.50/0.100 Mv to lower the voltage/temperature.

Also, set you Windows energy setting to Balanced.

Yes indeed I had put in Windows 'High performance' instead of 'normal use'

I am 0.8-1.2 V now

Thank you very much;)

0 Likes

and max 1.3V in stress test

0 Likes

It is normal for the Processor to fluctuate in speeds, thus voltages. It may even go as high or higher than 1.5 v for a extremely short burst. The processor won't go higher in voltages in any way that it will damage it by design.

Anything below 1.45 volts is fine if running for a long time.  1.35 volts is probably the average voltage when the processor is running.

As long as you don't manually Overclock the Processor, your AMD Warranty will be good.

Overclocking will void your AMD Warranty if they determined it was damaged due to overclocking.

0 Likes