cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

pandak1900
Adept I

Win10 BSOD - AMD 3800x

Hi, I built my new computer 6 months ago and worked perfectly. However, a few days ago, it turns blue screen randomly. The error codes are various. It happens too frequent that I cannot use my new PC anymore.

Specs:

CPU: AMD 3800x

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E

RAM: G Skill TridentZ Neo (AMD Edition) 8gb x 4

GPU: Galax GTX 980

Powersupply: Enermax Platium 1000W

No hardware environment changes. No software environment changes either.

Things I have tried, but none of them works:

1. Updated BIOS to April 2020. Not working.

2. Updated Chipset driver to the latest from the AMD website. Reversed GPU driver back to old one. Not working

3. Turned off SMT in BIOS. Not working.

4. Installed new Win10 (It got blue screen even during the installation process), but eventually finished the installation. Not working.

5. Installed CentOS (Linux). It got errors and stopped installation during the process. Not working.

6. Tried each individual ram in different sockets (Running 8GB only). Not working.

7. Spent 7 hours with Memtest86 in DOS. No errors.

8. Used a working Corsair 750W PSU to replace my current 1000W. Not working.

9. Used a working GTX 660 to replace the GTX 980. Not working.

10. Disconnect all USB devices except mouse and keyboard in both old and new Win10. Not working.

11. Since my mouse and keyboard are both Razer. Uninstalled the Razer driver and software. Not working.

12. BIOS setting is the default. I don't OC. 

So far, my only two suspicious parts are CPU and Motherboard. However, since the motherboard comes with a debug LED, I have not seen any problem codes from it.  I think my CPU is the problem. Please help if you have any other ideas.

0 Likes
9 Replies
mccharle
Elite

hello,

can you check Vcore and Vsoc values please ?

You tried Memtest86 about 7 hours without crash, have you test advanced test or standard test ? Also it's a good way to look for the issue, when you don't use disk access, no crash... what are your hard/solid drives ?

0 Likes

Vcore = 1.48V. VSOC=1.025V

For the memtest86, I only saw one test over there and did not see the "advanced test". It did not crash during the 7 hours test and provided a result. 

When I mentioned it crashed during the windows installation, it crashed before choosing the drive.   

My OS drive is Samsung EVO plus 970 500GB SSD. Since you mention this, I'm installing the OS into another drive now. Will report later.

0 Likes

Installed the OS in another SSD drive. Still crashed. Not the hard drive problem. 

0 Likes

can you down speed and cores CPU on bios and/or Vcore, if you can past 7 hours on Memtest (with low CPU usage) perhaps the issue come from it.

Seems it worked. I limited CPU to 4 cores. It has been working for about 1 hour without any issues. Can we say it's the CPU faulty?

0 Likes

maybe one of the CCx is defective, I think you should request a replacement. Or if you find someone to test only the CPU.

0 Likes

It's hard to find someone who uses AMD. I already submitted an RMA request 2 days ago. Are you able to speed it up? Ticket#: 8200967047 

0 Likes

sorry I can't help you for the ticket, I'm just a customer like you.

Give us a feedback after replacement please.

Good luck

Thank you for your help. I will wait for their CS reply.

0 Likes