cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

What is the difference between vsoc and vcore?

As the title states, what is the difference between vsoc and vcore?

I'm testing a 3700x on Windows and Linux. Under windows ryzen master shows the vcore floating around .3v - 1.3v depending on usage. When I check the sensors with LM-Sensors in Linux Vcore sits at 1.55v constantly and another reading called vsoc shows up and fluctuates. Sitting at 1.55v doesn't seem right and I'm wondering if I'm reading the right value.

0 Likes
2 Replies

I would go by Ryzen Master's readings rather than Linux readings.

This is Vcore:"Is VCore the same as CPU voltage?

Why it matters: Vcore, or core voltage, is the voltage that is supplied to power your CPU. ... The core voltage is different for each processor model, and while all CPUs of the same model have the same VID, not all samples maintain stability at the same clock speeds and Vcore due to slight variations in silicon quality.Jun 22, 2018"

This is VSoc:

What is VCore SOC voltage?
VCore SoC: The VCore SoC voltage is the voltage for the SoC portion of the CPU, including the memory controller and it will help with fabric clock (FCLK) as well. It is the main voltage to increase if your memory controller is not stable or if you are having trouble getting to rated voltage.Oct 11, 2019
0 Likes
Thanny
Miniboss

SoC is System on Chip.  In the context of a Zen 2 and later chip, that means the I/O die.  Core voltage is for the compute chiplet.

The core voltage is almost certainly not sitting at 1.55V constantly.  In all likelihood, your call to read the voltage is creating a spike in demand which raises the voltage in time for it to be read.