cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

fajarsch
Adept I

Undervolt Ryzen 5 7600X

I am very curious about CPU Undervolting. Is there an easiest way to undervolt the Ryzen 5 7600X CPU? Are there any specific requirements before performing undervolting? I want to lower the temperature because, when idle, the CPU temperature is 50 degrees Celsius, and while gaming, the CPU temperature is around 65 ~ 71 degrees with a non-AC room temperature.

PC Specs:

• ASRock B650M PG Riptide
  • Ryzen 5 7600X
  • Radeon RX 7600
  • 16GB 5200
  • 750W Gold PSU
0 Likes
1 Solution
FunkZ
Grandmaster

Here's a short video explaining PBO2 and how to use these settings to reduce voltage and temperature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOYYHNGlLs

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT

View solution in original post

8 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Hi,

Your temperatures while gaming seem very good, I would try first curve optimizer, a super common and simple way of undervolting that can even boost the performance a little bit.

You can do it on the BIOS or with Ryzen Master, each has its own PROs and CONs.

Some BIOS are more advanced and full of features and that is a good way for power users but normally Ryzen Master is more user friendly.

Good Luck

The Englishman

Thank you for your response, Mr. Englishman. I will try to learn about it first and test it using the Ryzen Master software. What I would like to know is, if I undervolt the CPU, will it affect the performance of other components and cause issues later on if I make a mistake in undervolting the CPU?

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

fajarsch, please tell us why you are concerned about these temperatures. The 7600X maximum temperature is 95C. What is your ambient temperature and cooler? John.

Thank you for your response, Mr. John. I'm curious if it's normal for my CPU to reach a temperature of 50°C while idle, and during normal usage like browsing and work, the temperature ranges between 55°C ~ 61°C. The ambient temperature is around 22°C ~ 26°C, and I'm using a Deepcool Mystique 240 cooler.

0 Likes

fajarsch, there are no normal temperatures. Yours are a little high but nothing to worry about or try to correct. Many actions you could take to lower the temperatures may cause more problems than not. You have a long way to go to get to 95C. John.

0 Likes
FunkZ
Grandmaster

Here's a short video explaining PBO2 and how to use these settings to reduce voltage and temperature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOYYHNGlLs

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT

Thank you for your response, Mr. FunkZ, and for the video recommendation. I’ll follow the guide in the video and give it a try. Hopefully, it works well without any issues later on.

0 Likes

Thank you so much for the solution.

0 Likes