Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

CHEMURV
Journeyman III

RYZEN 9 7950X ERROR RENDERING

Hi! 

I make renders with 3dsMax and Vray

Since I started to work with my new Workstation, when a render production is close to end or on the pass before the rendering, the 3ds max pop up an error window, and the program crashes. I remember I just could work fine with my 2 first jobs of rendering, after that, this error occurred in all my rendering files. 

I have 3 CPU s to work, so I can render the same files on the other machines and they haven't problem to render successfully the image.

Recently, after prove updating the programs and drivers, I installed the last version of my Motherboard BIOS and after that, I could render the images completely! I was so happy but that happiness only lasted for a couple of renders, because after that the problem persist. 

Yesterday, I installed a new update of the Bios, and the same, the render of 1 or two images works, but after hat, 3dsmax crashes again.

I don't know what happens, if there is an application or configuration that is incompatible...I hope someone can help me please. I was so excited for my new workstation but now i'm losing my enthusiasm with this problem.

cited for my new workstation but now i'm losing my enthusiasm with this problem.

My PC components:

Ryzen 9 7950x

Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming B650m-Plus WiFi

Ge-force RTX 3060 ti

0 Likes
2 Solutions
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

I dont really know about your otherworkstations specs but the one you just posted its not a balanced build.

If your main focus is productivity, and that is where the 7950X shines, beware that the board you just picked has an average VRM configuration, in other words, It may not deliver the power that the CPU needs, of course, It shouldnt be crashing but instead just lower the performance.

To troubleshoot this I recomend disabling EXPO and enabling ECO mode 105 or 65 just to see if its lack of steady and clean power delivery.

If it still fails, then the problem should be else where. 

Good luck 

The Englishman

View solution in original post

I released a video about it, where I talk a bit about the choices that others should think before buying. And I ended up buying the RoG X670E A gaming.

BUT! Just for safety:
Troubleshoot as soon as the board arrives, because if its not the board fault, you still have time to return it. Amazon is great with its 30 day return window.

ALSO: Make sure you have a solid PSU as well, I have my 7950X running on an ASUS RoG 750Watt Gold on mine (basically its a Seasonic) 

The Englishman

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

I dont really know about your otherworkstations specs but the one you just posted its not a balanced build.

If your main focus is productivity, and that is where the 7950X shines, beware that the board you just picked has an average VRM configuration, in other words, It may not deliver the power that the CPU needs, of course, It shouldnt be crashing but instead just lower the performance.

To troubleshoot this I recomend disabling EXPO and enabling ECO mode 105 or 65 just to see if its lack of steady and clean power delivery.

If it still fails, then the problem should be else where. 

Good luck 

The Englishman

Thanks a lot for your help!

I put the Eco Mode and, yes, it works. 

I'm going to change the motherboard soon. 

I released a video about it, where I talk a bit about the choices that others should think before buying. And I ended up buying the RoG X670E A gaming.

BUT! Just for safety:
Troubleshoot as soon as the board arrives, because if its not the board fault, you still have time to return it. Amazon is great with its 30 day return window.

ALSO: Make sure you have a solid PSU as well, I have my 7950X running on an ASUS RoG 750Watt Gold on mine (basically its a Seasonic) 

The Englishman
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

configure your bios to the correct above 4G decoding and resizeable bar and TPM 2.0 stuff secure boot. enable all the core isolation memory integrity and trim your OS and other things back for rendering to be shiny and bright you need the lowest latency possible. I've some screen shots and a config file i use for gaming that i copy in more and more copies of the nonsense i typed in for my phone and desktop PC to prerender and postrender and PRORENDER while im gaming.. so uhh yeah.. you DO REQUIRE a real AMD computer though, configure your RAM timings for lowest latency too. consider taiphon burner free version for RAM timings for your stick of RAM it might be technical and difficult in the secondary memory timings and you may need to clear cmos on the mainboard or short jumper pins to get it to boot if you mess up. 

you shouldnt ever use eco mode. not in bios or in anything else. the CPU speed steps and power raises by itself and manages temps by itself.. so does the GPU. you should ensure you are using hardware acceleration hardware decoding and like the correct or desired lighting methods. I just typed n stuff and wondered if it looks good or feels faster or not. you NEED the ryzen balanced power plan and you need to type in things like smartshiftmax and smartaccessvideo/smartaccessmemory/smartaccessstorage and countless other things. 

ensure you are running PCI Express  9.0 or whatever higher newer better

are you using physically based rendering? are you using RADIOMETRICS and lightmetrics radiationmetric rendering? are you realityemulating? are you in DNA quality 1:1 the entire universe in your render.. not a game world.. a game universe.. like how RDNA 1 cards are supposed to game in while rendering with prorender? did you install radeonrays and prorender custom compiled from the AMD website or sourceforge? that stuffs like 81 or 82.. maybe xmas time or something decades old.. so if it doesnt look good you maybe dont have the right AMD materials files and code/plugins they were all stolen by nvidia **bleep**s who cant math and sell fake hardware like intel.. fake fake fake.. $2 80s pre moonlanding junk from phones and sattellites kicks fake nvidia fake intels asses into outerspace and back.. just in internal CPU latency they get stomped by a **bleep**ing round trip to the satellite then theres the BANDWIDTH for every skychannel and analog TV /radio broadcast on earth plus every satellite internet connection at once worldwide.. on a $2 cheap 80s chip when the cheapest AMD stuff was like $15 and made you rather end the universe than think of that premoonlanding satellite $2 garbage and that was in the 80's.. the 80's AMD phone chips were speculated to be all you ever need for 6000 years.. its like literally an LG V60.. i render as i game on my LG V60..

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0ncy0n9cro2kh4r/bit_like_previous.rar/file

0 Likes