Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

pipo2899
Adept I

Ryzen 7600X ECO Mode

Hi,

I own a Ryzen 7600x and I've been sold on the ECO Mode preference after seeing some benchmarks and etc.. However, I seen people typing in custom values in bios to enable this and Ive also seen you can change PBO to ECO mode in bios also.. I also tried enabling ECO Mode in Ryzen Master but it doesnt seem to work like the youtube videos.. after enabling ECO MODE in Ryzen Master my CPU uses around 71-72Watts when it should be MAX65 right? (through the stress test in Ryzen Master)

Should I just uninstall Ryzen Master and change the values in bios like the youtube videos? I dont have much experience with bios settings but I feel like changing bios settings while having a "bios app(Ryzen Master)" on my PC might cause troubles? 

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
5 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

pipo2899, your maximum TDP is 105 Watts, see here. I suggest you stay out of BIOS and use only Ryzen Master (RM) for these things. I suspect by using BIOS and RM you have created a conflict. Please do a Clear CMOS and see if that helps. Thanks and enjoy, John.

Hi John and thanks for your reply!

I will try clear CMOS and see if it changes anything.

Just to make sure u understood my question I tried to formulate it a bit shorter and direct here:

"I can follow a step to step guide on YT to enable ECO-MODE as it seems very simple. However I wonder if this is safe considering I have the RM app on my computer? And I would of course prefer to just enable ECO-MODE in RM but when I do, it shows my CPU is drawing 71-72Watts at ECO-MODE when it is suppose to be a MAX 65TDP right?"

Sorry if my question is confusing or weird.. This is not a huge problem I love the 7600x now that I got it up and working and ECO-MODE seems like a superb feature! 

0 Likes

pipo2899, in my opinion it is not safe to mess around in BIOS. There is an example thread here of conflict between RM and BIOS messing. The user could no longer set ECO in RM (option was not there in Basic view). Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Why don't you ask @misterj to prove his opinion with some facts or links.

This is very common for this User. He gives opinions and dismisses other Users opinions without ever backing up his opinions with links or proof.

@misterj  I am still waiting for your proof that my answer was INVALID from the other thread. When are you going to post your proof that I was completely wrong: https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/x399-1900x-temperature/m-p/590546

0 Likes

If you had a choice between Ryzen Master and BIOS to change settings I would definitely go through BIOS first.

That would be the preferred method rather than using Ryzen Master that doesn't load until Windows loads whereas BIOS loads the setting as soon as you power up your PC.

Besides Ryzen Master possible conflict with BIOS. Ryzen Master is great for monitoring your Ryzen Processor and other minor things but if you can do it through BIOS that is the preferred way.

If you are unfamiliar with working in BIOS then try to get information from Forums or googling the BIOS Setting or just keep it at Default setting.

In that case try using Ryzen Master if it does the same thing in BIOS.