Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Lurcher_K9
Adept I

Ryzen 7 5800x

Hi guys im hoping one of you can help me out 

my system had a ryzen 5 5600x in and was running perfectly i was able to game and watch twitch streams on another monitor at the same time without any issues i removed the 5600x and put that in my mrs pc and still all is perfect 

i replaced mine with a ryzen 7 5800x and now if i play say cod warzone and i try to run a twitch stream aswell the twitch stream becomes very laggy and out of focus as if the pc is struggling to do both at once the only thing i have changed is the cpu anyone any ideas 

thanks

0 Likes
14 Replies

Make & Model of your GPU card, Motherboard, RAM part number, BIOS version installed, AMD/Nvidia Driver version installed, etc.

0 Likes

Motherboard is asus rog strix X470 F 

GPU is Gigabyte Aorus 2080 super

RAM is 32gb kingston fury renegade 

bios version is the latest 6211

nvida driver is the latest  551.23

power supply msi a850gf

cooler is a be quite pure loop 2 fx 

I was trying to see if your Bequiet Pure Loop 2 FX 240MM was strong enough for your 105 Watt TDP rated new processor but couldn't find the TDP rating for your AIO.

I know there are 3 Bequiet AIO Pure Loop models of 240mm, 280mm and 360MM. I would believe the 360mm would probably be your best option for your new processor. But the 240mm should prevent your CPU from reaching or going over it Maximum Operating Temperature of 90c.

According to AMD Specs for the type of CPU Cooler you will need for the 5800X:

To make sure your problem isn't overheating of CPU run OCCT CPU, GPU, & PSU tests and see if all passes or fails the test. Keep a close eye on Temperatures, Fan speeds, & PSU Outputs.

If your new processor's temps are reaching or going over 90c then it is throttling or going slower which can causing your lagging issues.

If you have Ryzen Master installed check the top ICONS and see if any are in the RED. If any of the top ICONS on Ryzen Master are RED that means your processor is being throttled either by the CPU itself or by the Motherboard. Everything should be GREEN in the top ICONS.

According to a FPS & Bottleneck website your CPU/GPU/RAM combo has less than 10% bottleneck which is very good with high FPS averages.

So it could be the processor is being throttled either due to overheating or by the motherboard.

0 Likes

ryzen master 2.pngryzen master 1.png

0 Likes

ive added a couple of screen shots in ryzen master

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

Lurcher_K9, did you install a fresh OS copy? What OS are you running? Please post screenshots of Ryzen Master (RM) running Cinebench and at idle. The best way to post SSs is to upload them to a hosting site, I use post image. Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT: Since the 5800X has more cores, I suspect that your OS does not know how many you have.

0 Likes

Screenshot 2024-01-28 152338.pngScreenshot 2024-01-28 151433.pngScreenshot 2024-01-28 145732.png

Thanks, Lurcher_K9. Your processor is throttling on the red meters, while your temperature is quite low. I suspect your MB is not up to the job. Make sure there is good ventilation in the VRM area. How did your CB score compare to others? Are you happy with the system during normal activity? I can show you how to increase your limits causing limiting. Let me know. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

sorry for the late reply i got froze out for commenting to much apparently lol

ye im happy with it during normal activity its just with it doing that i was unsure if the cpu was faulty and needed exchanging so i thought i would get some advice first 

0 Likes
FunkZ
Grandmaster

You went from a 65W TDP (78W PPT) to a 105W TDP (142W PPT) processor, what cooler are you using and is it rated for the extra heat that 5800X puts out? What do your CPU temps look like?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

cooler is a be quite pure loop 2 fx temps well using the pc in games etc never go above 60 

That temp sounds perfect, your screenshots of Ryzen Master look normal, as @misterj mentions it's possible to get a higher boost frequency out of the processor by raising the stock limits and/or use Curve Optimizer to reduce the power draw, but more MHz isn't likely to fix your lag.

Your X470 board should have plenty of power handling capability for your new processor, but I suspect something else may have changed when you swapped chips. Did you upgrade the BIOS around the same time? and did you get all of the same BIOS settings reapplied after the upgrade? I'm thinking ReBAR isn't enabled or maybe CSM Legacy support got turned on?

0 Likes

sorry for late reply the forum froze me out for posting to many reply's in so many seconds

I've just upgraded my bios again switched on rebar and turned legacy off i set my ram speed with docp and enabled pbo that's all ive done it does seem a bit better as the stream now well playing a game doesn't totally freeze and jitter but its still not really clear like it used to be 

I think you can PM a Mod to remove/exempt the flood control restriction.

Good to hear you were able to improve your system performance by adjusting BIOS settings. There's no reason why a 5800X shouldn't be better than a 5600X.

0 Likes