cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

jfegoz
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 5700X3D doesn't boot with dual channel RAM

Hi! Please help. My pc with new 5700X3D doesn't start, not even BIOS when ram in dual channel intalled.

CPU: Ryzen 5500

GPU: RX 7600 MB:

GIGABYTE B550M DS3H AC rev 1.4 with BIOS updated to version FB to support Ryzen 5000

Ram: Silicon Power Gaming Series DDR4 16 BG x 2 at 3200 MHz for a total of 32 GB in dual channel

Source: EVGA GD 700 80 Plus Gold

Cooler: Thermalright PS120SE

AMD chipset updated to date

A week ago I upgraded the CPU and upgraded to a 5700X3D since there is also an RX 7900GRE on the way to play at 1440p. It should be said that before uncovering the PC to change the CPU, I did not do anything at the software or BIOS level, since everything worked normally; The thing is, when I finished installing the new CPU, I booted the PC and the following happened: The PC turns on, the cooler fans turn on and the case fans also turn on, but that's it. The GPU does not start nor do its fans start and the PC does not provide video, it does not even start the BIOS, it stays with those fans on, but it stays there all the time. I did many things, I looked for updated BIOS, I disconnected, I retested the PC with the previous CPU, I started to discard components and after a long time, I reached the RAM memories, which until now I had not touched, so they are still installed in dual channel in slots A2 and B2 as MB recommends in its manual and as they have always worked, so what I do is remove a RAM module, specifically remove the one from slot B2.

Here the PC, with the new CPU, managed to turn on normally. With the idea of ​​starting to rule out RAM problems, I started testing each RAM module in all the slots and the following happened (keep in mind that at this point the 5700X3D is already installed):

Module 1 in slot A1: PC works normally

Module 1 in slot A2: PC works normally

Module 1 in slot B1: PC does not boot even in BIOS

Module 1 in slot B2: PC does not boot even in BIOS

Module 2 in slot A1: PC works normally

Module 2 in slot A2: PC works normally

Module 2 in slot b1: PC does not boot even in BIOS

Module 2 in slot B2: PC does not boot even in BIOS

The PC with the 5700X3D turns on and can be used normally when the RAM is connected to slots A1 and A2, both with a single module and by connecting both modules, so it works with both RAM but in single channel, due to the slots. A1 and A2.
After this, I start to think that the problems are in slots B1 and B2 and that maybe I did something wrong when manipulating the MB and damaged something or that some particle or dust got into them.
Now, to continue ruling out damage, I remove the 5700X3D and reinstall the 5500 and oh surprise, the PC works well with both one and both RAM installed, the same tests that I mentioned above were carried out with each module and in each slot, even in dual channel in slots A2 and B2, all this verified with CPU-Z, so with this I rule out a physical problem or damage to the MB.
I remove the 5500 again and install the 5700X3D again and the problem remains the same, so what I decide is to leave it with the two RAM in slots A1 and A2, that is, 32 GB in dual channel, which is how I currently have it working.
I have come to the conclusion that it is a problem with the MB/BIOS in conjunction with this specific processor, since it does not recognize slots B1 and B2 in any way.
What I want, and I am very grateful to anyone who collaborates with me or already has experience with this scenario, is to be able to use my new processor with dual channel RAM, since, yes, I have noticed some decrease in gaming and I can tolerate it temporarily, but it is not the idea when making this upgrade.

IMPORTANT: I ​​would appreciate solutions other than the obvious ones, since I have already tried everything and searched both Reddit and AMD forums and other sites, so I have already updated the BIOS with the version that the AMD page gives for my specific MB model. which is the FB BIOS version, I even used a more recent and different BIOS than the recommended model, but without any solution, so I reinstalled the FB version recommended by the AMD support page (The only version in fact); I also tried discharging the MB battery, I also jumpered the two pins of the MB for a clear CMOS; I have already tried changing the RAM profiles in the BIOS, even changing the voltages and trying lower frequencies, but without any different results, as soon as I connect a RAM in any B1 or B2 slot, the BIOS does not even start, only the fans remain. spinning around and nothing else happens.

0 Likes
0 Replies