Hi 

I just built this PC :

• Ryzen 7 3700x 
  • Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite V2
  • 2x Corsair Vengeance RGB RS 16gb 3200 mhz
  • Kingston 512 gb m.2 SSD
  • XPG core reactor 650W 80+ gold
  • GTX 1050ti 4gb 

Well the main issue is when I start windows 10 a few minutes later the PC reboots but when I'm in the bios there is no problem , everything works smoothly and actually I left the PC there for like 2 hours and I didn't experience any restart or any trouble, I read that it could be something related with the ram sticks specifically from corsair , I checked the bios and there was a setting that was putting the frequencies in 2133mhz I changed that to the xmp profile that was available, also updating the bios to the latest version and didn't work , actually I tried with different settings for frequency and voltage but none of them worked, I'm not sure what else could be causing this error maybe the cpu but I think it could cause crashes in the bios or something like that but also when I was installing the OS I didn't have any errors. Has anyone had a similar problem before?. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Check to see if your 3700X is overheating or going past 95c to eliminate CPU Cooler issues.

If it isn't overheating when you computer shuts down by itself and you believe it might be incompatible RAM, remove all the RAM Sticks except for one RAM stick in DIMM Slot #2. See if the computer shuts down by itself. The computer will be much slower since it has less  RAM installed but it should boot up and work well with a 8 GB Ram Stick.

Also check your Motherboard's QVL List for RAM MEMORY for the 3000 Series Processors and see if your RAM is listed on not. If not then check at Corsair's Website if the RAM is compatible with your Motherboard.

Also check if your GPU card is overheating. That will also cause your computer to shut down by itself.

I would download the free Stress testing OCCT software and run all three tests to see if the computer shuts down during those tests.

While running the CPU and GPU tests check the Temperatures and Fan speeds to make sure it isn't overheating.

For the PSU test, which runs both the CPU & GPU Tests at the same time putting maximum stress on the PSU, check your output voltages from the PSU - 12/5.5/3.0 VDC.  Each should be within 5% Tolerances.

A bad PSU can also shut down your computer by itself due to poor power outputs.

If all that checks good then it might be a Driver causing the problem.

NOTE: Do you get any type of error messages before it shuts down by itself like a BSOD? If so please post them.

0 Likes

Actually the restart happened suddenly without error messages or blue screens.

0 Likes

That generally indicates:

1- Overheating issue

2- Overclocking issue

3- Power issue

4- Defective Hardware

5- Possible Driver issue

6- Incompatible Software or hardware issue

Those are some of the reasons that comes to my mind at the moment.

I would run OCCT CPU, GPU and PSU test to rule out Overheating and Power issues plus checking the hardware (Fans and PSU Outputs).

Look at your Windows Event Viewer under "Error" and see if there is anything abnormal in there.

Also run DXDIAG.exe and save the file. Once saved open it and go to the last Category Diagnostics and see which files are having issues.

Run SFC /scannow to check your Windows Installation

Run CHKDSK C: /f/r/x to check your Window's SSD/HDD drive for errors.

0 Likes