cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

aaronqyl
Adept I

Ryzen 5600g with Gigabyte A520M DS3H motherboard no video output signal

I have a Ryzen 5600g with Gigabyte A520M DS3H motherboard with F19 bios.  Window 10 works fine with no video driver installed.  As soon a i install the AMD video driver the video output disappears and the monitor goes blank.  Unintalling the video driver works again.  But pretty useless without the AMD video driver.  Anyone with this motherboard or have this problem?  I also did a fresh install of Windows and same thing.

0 Likes
9 Replies

Here is the latest 5600G AMD Graphics driver (03/20/2024 -version 24.3.1) from AMD download site: https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/drivers.html/processors/ryzen/ryzen-5000-series/amd-ryzen-5...

If you have a newer driver than 24.3.1 that could be a reason why you are having issues. Uninstall your current AMD driver and install the 24.3.1 driver and see if you still don't have video output.

Also how are you connecting your Monitor to your Motherboard Video output port? 

Are you using any type of Monitor cable adapters?

By the way here are your Motherboard's Video output specs from Gigabyte Support:

• Onboard Graphics
    Integrated Graphics Processor:
    1. 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60 Hz
      * The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
    2. 1 x DisplayPort, supporting a maximum resolution of 5120x2880@60 Hz
      * Support for DisplayPort 1.4 version, HDCP 2.3, and HDR.
    3. 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@60 Hz
      * Support for HDMI 2.1 version, HDCP 2.3, and HDR.
    Support for up to 3 displays at the same time
    Maximum shared memory of 16 GB

Also try updating your BIOS version from F19 to version F20d to fix the Sinkhole flaw in Ryzen processors: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/A520M-DS3H-rev-1x/support#support-dl-driver-audio

Also update your Motherboard CHIPSET drivers from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/drivers.html/chipsets/am4/a520.html

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

aaronqyl, Windows will install a video driver if you don't. The system will not run without a video driver. If you got your video driver from any site but this one that is probably the problem. Get nothing from the MB vendor but BIOS. John.

0 Likes
aaronqyl
Adept I

Some update...

I am using the official AMD driver.  I did the AMD Adrenaline web install that installed all the correct chipset and video drivers.  When I uninstall the AMD video driver, windows puts in the basic generic windows video driver.  The windows generic driver works but the AMD official driver doesn't work. 

I am not using any adapters.  Some good news. Turns out the problem is only on the DVI port. I tried the HDMI and Display Port and those two works.  It fails only on the DVI port when the official AMD driver is installed. 

I did not try the F20 bios.  The sinkhole vulnerability doesn't sound like it's related to my problem.  I wasted some many hours doing driver installs and uninstalls with a blank screen and windows fresh install.  I am currently satisfied with using the Display Port for now and just use it like this for a while.  I opened a ticket with Gigabyte as well.  Maybe I'll get some useful info from them about the DVI problem.  All 3 video output ports should work and so far i can't tell if this is a motherboard problem or an AMD driver problem.

If someone has F20 and tried it please post here.

Thanks 

aaronqyl, post the URL you DLed your AMD video driver. John.

0 Likes

I downloaded this auto web installer.  It detects and installs the correct driver for me.  It's official from AMD.  I didn't install from some random place.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/download/drivers.html

0 Likes

aaronqyl, please open a support ticket here and report the error. Thanks, John.

0 Likes
aaronqyl
Adept I

By the way I just checked. It is using driver 24.3.1.

When you connect your DVI Monitor to the Motherboard's DVI port does Windows Settings - Display recognize the connected DVI Monitor?

Also does Device Manager under "Monitor" show your DVI Monitor being connected?

Your DVI Monitor is set for a Maximum Resolution of 1920 x 1200 @ 60hz or lower resolution correct?

In your DVI Monitor Settings do you have it set to receive PC video signals?

0 Likes

I don't remember with the windows generic driver.  I think it did.  It does look like its using the native monitor resolution.  It looks just like the DisplayPort resolution. 

For the AMD driver I wouldn't know because the screen is blank but all I know is with the AMD driver, no signal is detected by my monitor as soon as it leaves the bios screen.  So from power button press I can see the bios screen then it goes blank when it starts loading windows and remains no signal from here on.

I don't set any resolution on the monitor.  It's all auto detect.  So in Display Port it's currently shown as 1680x1050 Dell P2213.  The monitor is pretty old hence I was going with the older DVI connection.  It's possible that the driver is output a resolution that's not compatible with my monitor but the message on the monitor is no signal.  I am not sure if an incorrect resolution will cause the monitor to say no signal or it's really is no signal.