cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

SweepSwap
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 5600x whea uncorrectable error bsod while gaming

When im playing games, my pc bluescreens about 10-15 minutes in. I'm unable to figure out the cause and its been bothering

Specs

Msi gtx 970

R5 5600x

Corsair rm650x psu

2x8gb g-skill ddr4-3200 ram

msi b450m pro m2 max Bios Version 7B84vAF

0 Likes
17 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

SweepSwap, you probably need a more powerful PS, and tell us you OS, cooler ,etc. Please post SSs of Ryzen Master (RM), both Basic and Advanced View while running Cinebench R23. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Im running windows 11, and i have the stock amd cooler, i highly doubt i need a larger power supply than 650 watts to run thisScreenshot_20230102_064458.pngScreenshot_20230102_064628.png

0 Likes

Thanks SweepSwap, did you get a good score on CB? The red gauges at the top are causing throttling. Need to see some Event Log, like this:

ELerror.png

If you will Right click in data area then clcik Select all then copy and paste into your reply. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

i got 9095 multi core. There is nothing in the event viewer that would indicate something is wrong. no error logs at all under the application tabs. Though under system i found critcal errors from 2 hours ago

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Component: Memory
Error Source: Machine Check Exception

The details view of this entry contains further information.

0 Likes

I need the Details, Please.  Enjoy, John.

alright i will get them

0 Likes

the details are very long so I'm sending separate pastebin links for each of them
https://pastebin.com/RexqQ8jZ                https://pastebin.com/2yb6B22e

0 Likes

Thanks, SweepSwap. I will take a look. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

SweepSwap, I have looked at a couple of these and the other one appeared to recommend running ChkDsk but yours responses I gathered are saying RMA the processor. I would suggest you run ChkDsk and see if you get any errors. Also open an AMD Support request (should come back to life Friday), reference this thread and ask if an RMA is appropriate. if you are running any deviations from default settings, please load Default. Look in your "C:\Windows\Minidump" and if there are any .dmp files, compress the folder and post it here. The second pastebin file fails. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

ChkDsk came up with nothing wrong, as i had suspected because i reset my windows just to make sure. I don't see an option to upload the files directly so here is a mediafire link https://www.mediafire.com/file/6r8u3s9jwxorsy3/Minidump.zip/file

0 Likes

SweepSwap, all dumps show Bug Check 0x0124. Google says this:

The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124 and indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).Dec 22, 2022

I again wonder about your PSU. Does your system have the capability to measure and display VRM temperature and/or fan speed. Here is a SS of my AIDA64 OSD:
AIDA64_CBR23.png
Still looking/thinking. Enjoy, John.
0 Likes

It Doesn't Seem That my computer is able to measure vrm temperatures, but something that might concern you is that while this motherboard has alright vrms, there are no heatsinks to cool them. Why might you be wondering about my power supply again?

0 Likes

Thanks, SweepSwap. I told another user yesterday that when the 12 Volts dips all kinds of symptoms appear. I had planned to do some research on your MB, but have not yet.  Here is my MB. You should be able to see the VRM heat sink and 16 Phase regulator. You could try opening the side panel where your VRM is closest and place a fan to pass more air over the VRM. Be sure to run it off 12 Volt from the PSU or use a floor fan. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

SweepSwap, I looked at your board and there is little to brag about. It is a low end board but I would hate to recommend to replace. I suggest you have what you have. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

SweepSwap, I should have suggested you try to RMA your MB. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

this only started after i updated my bios and upgraded my cpu though. I really doubt its a faulty motherboard so getting a replacement wouldn't do me any good

0 Likes

As you wish, SweepSwap. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes