cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

justas
Journeyman III

ryzen 3 3200g vorking on 100%

installed new cpu last week and performance was worse than my first gen ryzen 3 then i saw that it works at 100% at GTAV and 60-70 % at idle i tried to go into safe mode i saw that it works just fine i turned off all 3rd party apps on startup because i red that you need to do this and still didint fix anything saw a forum here that a guy fixed it by some commands on cmd promt but it still didint work for me maybe someone will help me here

justas_0-1724876047073.png

here at idle it spikes very much gpu aslo spikes i tried everything but as far as i see nothing really helped alot of games gotten worse performance after this upgrade 

0 Likes
11 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

justas, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) running Cinebench R24 Multicore. Only post images of RM. I have no idea where MS gets the information it post for clock speeds but I do know it does not reflect reality. I do not understand your complaint as the post is garbled. I suspect you first langue is not English. I suggest you write in your language and translate it before posting. If you changed processor you need to do a fresh install on Windows including formatting your C: disk. Running commands you found on the Internet is begging for disaster! John.

0 Likes

justas_0-1724886597897.png

justas_1-1724886613264.png

here is photo of a ryzen master and aslo amd drivers my cpu spikes very much at idle same thing with gpu i dont know what causes these spikes and when i launch a game it gets worse everything is at the 100% utilization and it performs worse than my old cpu

0 Likes

justas, the spikes are caused by your OS running tasks. It looks like something is running. Did you do a fresh install of Windows as I said? What was your previous processor? John.

0 Likes

my old CPU was ryzen 3 first gen i forgot the full name i did'int do the fresh install of windows but i will do it right now and i will see if that does any diffrence

0 Likes

justas,post all your components and the previous processor. Without this information I cannot tell what is happening. John.

0 Likes

Gigabyte AB-350 gaming 3 motherboard

Sapphire rx570 4gb GPU

Ryzen 3 3200g CPU

8gb 3200mhz crucial ram

0 Likes
FunkZ
Grandmaster

What motherboard do you have, and was the BIOS updated to support the new 3200G CPU before you replaced the old 1000 series Ryzen?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

Yes i did update the bios 

0 Likes

Click on the Processes tab of Task Manager and select the CPU column it will sort processes by utilization and which process is using the most will be listed at the top.

Some other observations...

You have installed BIOS version F40 or higher?

Since you have the RX570 do you have the IGP of the 3200G disabled in BIOS? Otherwise it will reserve memory resources.

Memory speed shows 1333 in RM but you state you have DDR4-3200 so seems you don't have XMP enabled in BIOS. It should be running at 1600.

Is that 1x 8GB memory module? or 2x 4GB modules? While technically 4GB is the minimum needed for Win 11 having only 8GB is not enough for many games. Additionally if running only single channel this will impact performance.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

Yes my memory is 1x 8gb i have 16gb g.skill ripjaws ones but those seem to be broken because they keep crashing after hour. my bios version is f52e. i just did fresh install of windows and it seems to be fine but i didin't test it yet. I will test some games when they are finished dowlaoding. The GPU all time i had it spiked very much or worked on very high utilization maybe it was bottlenecked but im not sure. Well when im done with dowloading games i will let yall know if it is better or not i will try my old ram sticks maybe they fixed ir self xD.

0 Likes

justas, ignore the utilization given by MS and post a screenshot of the Task Manager that Funkz suggested. Use RM to see real clocks. See here to find your first processor. John.

0 Likes