cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Vorceman
Journeyman III

PC Stuttering while trying to play D4

Hello, I just recently changed my CPU and GPU. I don't recall what I was using before, but currently I am using the following:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT

While I have been playing Diablo 4, it was great to start, there were no issues. Day 2, the game started to periodically stutter, which was tolerable at the time. Now today, the game stutters consistently and sometimes will freeze for up to 2 minutes before going back to normal. It isn't just the game that is freezing though, the whole PC will be down for that time (YouTube will be frozen with the audio still going for a bit, but then full freezes, can't move cursor or open windows menu using they key). My buddy helped me out with some settings in game that seemed to have fixed it, but that was just temporary (few hours) before going back to the aforementioned. I do not have this issue when playing other games such as Jedi Survivor or Elder Scrolls Online, and the issue is not present when I do not have D4 open. I don't know too much about tech, so any process that your parents wouldn't understand, I probably won't either, so is anyone able to help or know of the fix/unerlying issue?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
0 Replies