cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

nav22
Journeyman III

PC doesn't boot after sleeping - CPU LED light ON

As above, when the pc goes into sleep, I am unable to wake the PC, it attempts to start as such, motherboard and peripherals light up but with a CPU LED on.

I re-seated everything and re-installed the CPU, cleared CMOS and nothing.

I flashed the BIOS via USB and the system boots back to the same screen that was left during sleep, same programs open, browser still on the same page ect... - except the PC has been cycled on/off multiple times, psu out, held power button, the works.

It seems to be having a problem waking from sleep and the only way I get it back on is to flash the latest bios.

This is the second time I've had to reflash to make it boot, I just tested to see if it was fixed but nope, sleep creates this problem over and over.

I can restart and shutdown multiple times with no issue.

System is Ryzen 5800x with B450 motherboard (B450M Mortar Max)

any suggestions? thanks

I've disabled sleep and hybrid sleep for now, but there's clearly an underlying issue here

0 Likes
1 Solution
misterj
Big Boss

I agree, nav22. The question is where? My current system sleeps/wakes just fine but is fragile. In several previous systems (all AMD) sleep/wake failed and I had to disable it. These cases were always MB/BIOS problems. Please open a support request with your MB vendor. Thanks and enjoy, John.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
misterj
Big Boss

I agree, nav22. The question is where? My current system sleeps/wakes just fine but is fragile. In several previous systems (all AMD) sleep/wake failed and I had to disable it. These cases were always MB/BIOS problems. Please open a support request with your MB vendor. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes