cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

p1eboi
Journeyman III

No display with new CPU

Swapped in a brand new Ryzen 5 5600 into my system, and a new motherboard, replacing my Ryzen 5 2600. However, no display, not even to bios. Tested the motherboard with my old 2600, and it booted fine. I used the 2600 to update to the latest version, but again the 5600 doesn't boot. Cleared CMOS, tried different RAM, different HDMI cables, and still nothing. Just really confused right now. Any suggestions?

Current build:
- Ryzen 5 5600

- GIGABYTE AORUS B550M PRO-P (Rev 1.0)

- G.SKILLS RIPJAWS 2x16 DDR4-4000 CL 18

- ASROCK RX6600

- EVGA Bronze 600W

0 Likes
2 Replies

So basically what you are saying is that your PC doesn't boot up with the Ryzen 5600 with a BIOS version F14 or newer correct?

First when you power up with the 5600 processor is your PC HDD/SSD LED light flickering or on solid even though you have no video output plus hearing only One Beep?

IF it is that would indicate that your PC is booting into Windows. If so then wait a few minutes and see if you get any video output from your GPU card.

If the PC HDD/SSD LED turns off after a few seconds after powering up that means the Boot process has terminated or you hear a sequence of BEEPS instead of just one BEEP from your PC.

So, the best way to troubleshoot when a PC doesn't boot up at all is by disconnecting all hardware from your Motherboard except the PSU, CPU, and Windows Drive.

Looking at your Gigabyte Manual I don't see any type of Motherboard Trouble LEDs or Digital codes. Does your PC beep when you boot up?

If it doesn't that means you need to purchase or install a PC SPEAKER (very cheap) to hear the Beep codes as it powers up. You will use this to troubleshoot your Motherboard when BIOS is doing POST or testing the connected hardware before booting into Windows:

Screenshot 2024-08-09 183928.png

Once you have the PC SPEAKER installed, apply power to the motherboard and listen to the Beep code as it powers up with just the CPU, PSU, and Windows Drive installed.

This website gives a good explanation of Gigabyte's Beep codes: https://www.electronicshub.org/gigabyte-motherboard-beep-codes/

Screenshot 2024-08-09 185103.png

If the CPU is having issues than you should hear the CPU Beep code saying it didn't pass the BIOS Test on Power up (One long BEEP followed by continuous Short BEEPS). But if the CPU passed the BIOS test than you should hear the Beep code for RAM being sounded (One long BEEP followed by 2 short BEEPS). That means the CPU passed the BIOS test but failed the RAM test due to no RAM being installed.

If the Beep code is indicating a RAM failure install just one Stick of RAM in the appropriate DIMM Slot on the motherboard.

Note; Make sure the RAM you have installed is compatible with the Ryzen 5600 processor. If it is a compatibility issue then installing One Stick of RAM many times allows the PC to boot up but not with 2 or more sticks of RAM inserted.

You can check your Motherboard's Vermeer QVL LIST for the 5000 series processor here: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550M-AORUS-PRO-P-rev-10/support#support-doc

Screenshot 2024-08-09 190014.png

as you can see the QVL list is fairly Out-dated. so go to your RAM Manufacturer's website and look at their QVL List and see if your Motherboard or Processor is showing.

Power up again and see it the Beep code now indicates a GPU Failure (One long BEEP followed by 3 short BEEPS). Install your GPU card and connect your Monitor and Monitor cable to the GPU card.

Also connect your Keyboard and Mouse at the same time.  Now listen to the Beep codes and see what Beep sequence you are hearing. It should just be one Beep while powering up.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

p1eboi, have you installed a fresh copy of Windows, including formatting the C: disk? If not please do. John.

0 Likes