cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

AdigaAs21
Journeyman III

New 7700x build inconsistently black screen and freezes.

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: GTX 650 2GB

CPU: RYZEN 7 7700x 8 CORE 16 THREADS

Motherboard: Gigabyte B650E AORUS MASTER

BIOS Version: F3c

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30

PSU: Corsair RM850i 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular

Case: Fractal Design Torrent RGB

Operating System & Version: Windows 11 latest updates

GPU Drivers: GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER - WHQL Driver Version: 457.51

Chipset Drivers: AMD B650 CHIPSET DRIVERS VERSION 4.06.09.215

Background Applications: Idle

Description of Original Problem: First of all sorry for my English I am not native speaker.

I am getting black screens and the pc freezes and can't shut down after with the power button and can't restart it with reset button either. When this happens the CPU LED on the motherboard is on and I have to cut power to the PSU and bring it back in order to turn it on. It happens usually on idle but not just on idle, I got it on memtest86 in 1 minute test also after one hour test. This accrues inconstantly for example I ran cinebench r23 multicore test it froze after couple seconds did another test after and I was able to run it for 25 minutes until it froze I also had hour test and it was fine. I can also work and do anything without freezes for hours.

Troubleshooting:

I ran cinebench multicore tests and sometimes it freezes but mostly not.

I did memtest86 tests and the behavior on them not consistent and getting the black screen on the end of the test: I have tested on all one and two sticks combinations on the motherboard and it can pass and don't have black screen and get a black screen on the same configuration.

Downgraded the bios to F2 didn't helped.

What can I do test wise and another things to solve this or to find what part doing this issue and return it to amazon.

I am planing to dissemble my build and run it outside the case keeping just the minimum (CPU, MotherBoard and memory) and run memtest86 again because it froze when I previously did this test.

Any input on this is welcome.

0 Likes
6 Replies
tom57200
Journeyman III

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem (B650 GAMING X AX with 7700x) at first i through that my ram was the problem because i don't found it in the website of gigabyte, but your ram is compatible with your motherboard and we have the same problem.

Have you found a solution other than changing motherboard ?

I have tried every BIOS version and the blackscreen allways come at random moment.

If i found a solution i will try post it here, thanks in advance if someone post it before i found it.

0 Likes
GoatsInTrees
Journeyman III

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. Sometimes the pc runs for 2 seconds and other times it only goes to black screen after a while.

gigabyte B650M gaming x ax

ryzen 7 7700x

32 gb corsair vengeance ram DDR5

asrock radeon rx 6700xt

I've tried without gpu, with 1 stick of ram, different screens, bios F4 and bios F6 and completely rebuilt the whole pc. Nothing seems to help.

The only consistent thing is that 2 out of 5 case-fans stop turning when it happens. Unplugging these didn't help either.

Anyone else managed to fix the problem?

0 Likes

Hello,

Wednesday 1 march, i have try the last version of the bios F4b (released: 2023/02/21) for my motherboard (B650 GAMING X AX (rev. 1.0/1.1)), and i have no black screen anymore, i realy don't know if i resolved the problem or if i am lucky to didn't see a black screen since this moment. If a black screen come back again i will post in this forums. I think the problem may come from the motherboard or the ram, but since the black screen come at random moment it is impossible to repeat the black screen and found the problem. If even with the last version of the bios it still happen the only thing i can suggest is change motherboard and ram (compatible with motherboard).

Sorry for not helping more, since it look like the problem is solved for me, i will not try other thing with my pc.

0 Likes

Thanks for the update and have fun with your working pc now!

My motherboard had the F4b bios standard on it, so that didn't help.

I installed the F6b and was able to get into bios. By disabling CPU turbo boost, the problem seems to have disappeared...
I'm still looking for a solution as disabling the turbo-function, isn't really what I want.

0 Likes

Hello, since my last message i had another black screen so i just changed my CPU, motherboard and RAM because i am tired of this.

I don't think i will buy anymore AMD CPU.

It's really disappointing to be forced to change cpu to solve this problem, If someone found a solution one day for people who can't just change their CPU it will be appreciated.

Good luck with this, i am officially out of this.

0 Likes
Paupa
Journeyman III

I'm having the same problem of random black screens and I've tried everything, is there ever going to be a fix?

0 Likes