cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

superbebeson
Journeyman III

My cpu is going way too hot

Hello, I got my new ryzen 5 5600x for christmas and installed it in my pc but noticed that the temperatures were going VERY high when playing or even having a couple applications open (95°c when playing valorant, causing a lot of stutters) and was wondering what the error could be. I don't think it's the fan of my pc since my old ryzen 5 2600 didn't have stutters even though it wasn't very powerful so Im guessing it might be the way I screwed my fan (stock fan) to my cpu which could be to loose or something. I'd love to get some help as soon as possible before my cpu burns down. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

The stock CPU Cooler that comes bundled with your 5600X is the weakest of all of the Wraith CPU Cooler the "Stealth"

It should be adequate enough to prevent your processor from overheating under normal use but it will run hotter under heavy loads like running a game.

Plus if you have poor air circulation inside your PC that would cause your processor to overheat.

I would purchase a 3rd party CPU Cooler of at least 125 Watts TDP rating to keep your processor from overheating and keep the Wraith Stealth as a backup CPU Cooler.

Take a look at this PC Building tech site PCPARTPICKER. I have linked the page that shows all the compatible CPU Coolers for your 5600X: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/cpu-cooler/?compatible_with=g94BD3

Screenshot 2022-12-20 171626.png

Pick the ones that within your budget and make sure it has at least a TDP rating of 125 watts.

Otherwise I suggest you look at YouTube videos showing how to correctly install the AMD Wraith Stealth CPU Cooler.

Yes if it isn't properly tighten down on the processor and not making a solid connection to the surface of the CPU then it would run hot and overheat.

But be careful not to put to much torque when screwing down on the Motherboard's brackets. You can strip the screw hole.

Just screw down each screw in a "X" pattern untill they stop turning.

0 Likes