cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

igoru
Journeyman III

Major Performance Issues with Ryzen 7 4800HS (ASUS Vivobook 15) After AMD Software Adrenalin Update

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping someone can help me out here. I’ve been having significant problems with my laptop ASUS Vivobook 15 since I updated my AMD drivers. Here’s the situation:

I bought the ASUS Vivobook 15 with a Ryzen 7 4800HS and 16GB of RAM a little while ago. Everything was running smoothly until I decided to update my AMD drivers. I installed the latest version, 24.7.1, which seemed like it should improve performance. However, since the update, my laptop has been experiencing several issues:

• My laptop is suffering from severe performance drops. I notice significant lag and freezing during gameplay and even while performing basic tasks.
  • The system freezes frequently and eventually shuts down, especially when the laptop is under load (like during gaming or screen sharing on Discord).
  • The problem gets worse when I share my screen on Discord. The laptop freezes while gaming, and it seems to happen more often than during other activities

I tried rolling back the AMD software to the previous version, but that didn’t resolve the issue. I decided to uninstall the AMD software altogether, and that did improve things slightly. The laptop is less prone to freezing, but it’s still not as stable as it was before the update. Also, its really bad to use a PC with outdated drivers.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with their ASUS Vivobook or after an AMD driver update? I’m looking for any advice or potential solutions to get my laptop back to its previous stable state. 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

3 Replies
krishna027
Journeyman III

Same Laptop Asus Vivobook 15 Pro ( M6500IH ) and I'm also suffering from the same problem and still can't figured out how to fix this especially in Windows 11. But now I installed Linux ( Fedora ) in my PC and that's working good.

misterj
Big Boss

igoru, both of you should talk to your seller. It seems that AMD advises users of laptops get there drivers from the LT supplier. John.

0 Likes

I believe this is your Asus Vivobook 15 model number M1502IA which includes your AMD Mobile processor.

Here is Asus Download page for your laptop: https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-home/vivobook/vivobook-15-m1502/helpdesk_download?model2Name=vivobo...

Download and install both the AMD CHIPSET and latest Asus OEM AMD Graphic driver (06/28/2023) and see if your laptops again are working normally.

Make sure to make a Windows Restore Point before doing anything.

If your laptop again is working normally then trying installing a newer AMD basic Mobile Graphics driver but older than the latest AMD basic Graphics driver and see if your laptop starts having issues.

From AMD Download page for the Ryzen 7 4800H Previous Graphics drivers: https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/previous-drivers.html/processors/ryzen/ryzen-4000-series/am...

There are no Ryzen 7 4800HS drivers to download but under the 4800H driver compatibility it shows it is compatible with "Radeon Graphics":

DESKTOP

MOBILE

AMD Ryzen™ Processors with Radeon™ Graphics AMD Ryzen™ Processors with Radeon™ Graphics
AMD Ryzen™ PRO Processors AMD Ryzen™ PRO Processors
AMD Athlon™ Processors with Radeon™ Graphics AMD Athlon™ Processors with Radeon™ Graphics
AMD Athlon™ PRO Processors AMD Athlon™ PRO Processors

NOTE: Warning from AMD download page concerning Laptop drivers:

Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs

AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.

If you experience issues using the AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility

0 Likes