Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Boo2z
Journeyman III

Installing drivers disables displayport

Hello everyone!

I have MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK B550, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G. I don't have discrete graphics cardMy monitor is connected via displayport. 

When I try to install the display driver on a clean Windows installation, my DisplayPort stops working. The monitor displays "no signal." The monitor works because I can see the BIOS, but as soon as Windows starts loading, the signal disappears. I have to reconnect the monitor via HDMI. Therefore, I cannot use two monitors at the same time. I have updated the BIOS to the latest version. I tried installing Windows 11, but the result remains the same. I tried toggling UEFI settings: CMS/UEFI, secure boot (on/off). Please advise on what the problem might be?

0 Likes
2 Replies
FunkZ
Grandmaster

Connect both monitors and install the Adrenalin software. Your primary display may change from monitor 1 to monitor 2. Once Adrenalin is installed you can open it and go to Gaming, Display and click in the upper right Arrange Displays to select which as primary.

FunkZ_0-1707392373152.png

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes
Boo2z
Journeyman III

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, after installing the drivers, the monitor is not detected at all via DisplayPort. In OS I have only one monitor. Manual monitor detection in windows also doesn't work. I've decided to take my computer to a service center for inspection.

0 Likes