Journeyman III

Crashing to desktop and resets during gaming on 7800x3d

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 7800x3d
GPU: Evga FTW3 ULTRA RTX 3070
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B650-A GAMING WIFI ATX AM5
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB (2 x 16) DDR-6000 CL36
PSU: Corsair RM1000e 1000w 80+ Gold
Built this PC in march of this year and have had on and off issues of games randomly crashing to desktop after varying times of play or sometimes not at all during whole play sessions usually going from 3-6 hours. Crashes can happen as soon as 30 minutes of playing and event viewer just states a critical error in the worst cases when the PC restarts itself giving Event41 Kernel Power errors. Originally thought this to be a sound driver issue as ASUS has the fun habit of installing multiple bloatware and near malware level sound drivers when you attempt to get AMD drivers from armoury crate but after having removed said audio drivers I'm now encountering the crashes again after a brief period of respite. Not really sure what is going on and what's causing crashes as some games end up ok to run for hours on end while games like Elden Ring crash within an hour of playing or sometimes 3 hours of playing.

Playing most titles at 1440p and high or equivalent settings and everything hardware wise should be running at stock settings.

Games with consistent(Varying times) crashing:
Elden Ring
Lethal Company
Fortnite
Baldur's Gate 3
Dark and Darker
Dragon's Dogma II (could be optimization but wont rule out)
Monster Hunter World
Final Fantasy XIV (Infrequent but still occurred when before I had never encountered a crash on my previous PC when playing)

0 Likes
1 Reply
alfata
Adept II

Had very similar issue. (with 7900XT)
Spent 2 months troubleshooting and documenting here in the forums.
After the second RMA the Videocard manufacturer accepted it as deffective.
Havent had issues since then

0 Likes