Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Cheers43
Journeyman III

CPU temperature spiking

System:Ryzen 5 3600-B450m s2h-msi 3060-Single 16 GB ram-İd cooling se 224

Problem:While gaming my CPU temperature mainly stays between 67-70 however once or twice per game on Cod or Apex the temperature goes up to 76 and comes back one by one to 70.Im certain that this did not happen before.I know that PBO causes spikes however it's set on AUTO on Bios which i believe means it's closed.What could the reason be for this?I'm fairly sure i didn't have this problem before and all that's changed lately is the weather.

0 Likes
6 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

I don't really know how MSI handles this in bios, but AUTO normally refers to PBO = CPU Decides and not disabled.

On ASUS is:
Disabled; AUTO (CPU decides); Enabled (Board decides) and so on so on so on (many other options and presets)

As for the temperatures I don't see anything wrong there.

Ambient room temperature plays a great deal on temperatures. You can't expect 24ºC Idle if your room temperature is 26ºC, well you could but then you will have bigger problems like condensation.

You can always undervolt, check here:

How to VIDEO 

The Englishman
0 Likes

Yeah but this issue didn't exist before.I get higher temps during summer time but spiking is the issue here

0 Likes

Could be normal...  Hardware is not a fine wine, they do not get better with age. 

A windows update could be demanding more cpu or some corrupted registry causing some cpu weird cpu usage. Malware. Thermal paste needing to be replaced. So many variables.

You have to investigate. 

The Englishman

How do i check the corrupted registry and if that's the case how do I fix it?

0 Likes

You can try running sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt.

I would also run chkdsk or any other tool like macrorit, to check for bad sectors 

The Englishman
0 Likes
Cheers43
Journeyman III

Bump

0 Likes