Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Hiramabiff
Challenger

Cinebench stuck in single core mode

anyone know anything about Cinebench? 

I am running multi core and it is stuck in Single core mode. anyone know why it isn't working in multi core?Cinebench 23 stuck running single core.jpgCinebench 23 stuck running single core 2.jpg

AsRock x670E Taichi Carrara, 6 tb of WD850 Black, CORSAIR - DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 32GB, 7800x3d, XFX - Mercury AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Magnetic Air
0 Likes
1 Solution

Finally figured out what it was. It was Cinebench. It kept applying settings and dropping my Threads down to 1, even though I never touched it. 

AsRock x670E Taichi Carrara, 6 tb of WD850 Black, CORSAIR - DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 32GB, 7800x3d, XFX - Mercury AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Magnetic Air

View solution in original post

19 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Hiramabiff, AMD fouled up Ryzen Master (RM) again so go here and DL a copy of the one labeled "For Ryzen 2000 series processors and older" (really the previous version). Then post a screenshot of Cinebench R24 Single Core. If it still looks like you posted, do a Clear CMOS and test/post again. John.

0 Likes

that is a dead link.

I did roll back to bios though to 2.08 

ASRock > X670E Taichi Carrara

I am wondering if this is an issue with the new bios?

0 Likes

Hiramabiff, what is a dead link? The link I provided for RM works fine, here. I DLed the file for the previous version and it works fine also. Get a copy of Cinebench R24. John.

0 Likes

Yes the DL link isn't working for me goes to a dead page. 

0 Likes

When you downgraded your BIOS Version to 2.08 are you saying it fixed the issue?

If so then it is a BIOS issue with ASRock.

There is another thread currently running where Asus latest BIOS is not compatible with the AMD Ryzen Master. In their case, whenever the Users tries to set any settings on Ryzen Master the PC freezes up.

Some Users were able to downgrade their Asus BIOS to an earlier version and Ryzen Master started working normally again, As an example only.

AMD also will need to see why Ryzen Master is starting to have issues with new BIOS versions from Motherboard Manufacturers.

0 Likes

Ryzen master works fine now after I downgraded, that being said, in Cinebench I am still only running single cores. Every other bench mark I run shows all cores working. Not sure what is going on but Cinebench won't work. 

Hiramabiff, words do not help much. Please post a screenshot of Cinebench R24 Single Core, images of Cinebench ONLY. Make sure no other software is running including browsers, etc. John.

0 Likes

This is with Ryzen Master open and Edge only to the forums this was after quite a few minutes on a single pass. 

Cinebench 24 multi core 1 min in.jpgCinebench 24 multi core 2 min in.jpgCinebench 24 multi core several minutes into it. .jpg

0 Likes

Does this info help?

About.jpgBench Mark .jpgcpu.jpgddr5 stats.jpgGPU.jpgMemory.jpgMotherboard.jpg

0 Likes

Thanks Hiramabiff, could be useful. What were you running at the time? John.

0 Likes

Hiramabiff, this makes no sense at all. We both said you were going to run Single core and all of these are Multicore. I fear something is really messed up with your system. It is time to get back to square zero. Install the latest non-beta BIOS or do a Clear CMOS if what you have is the latest. Install a fresh copy of W11 including formatting your C: disk on a GPT formatted drive. After installing, get the latest AMD drivers here. Install Ryzen Master (RM) and Cinebench R24 and NOTHING else. Do not do run curve optimizer or any other applications. Make no changes in BIOS. Run RM and Cinebench R24 Single core and nothing else including Browsers. Post a screenshot of RM. John.

EDIT: AMD has changed their RM website location.

0 Likes

Screenshot 2024-08-15 234812.jpg

Screenshot 2024-08-15 235201.jpg

Screenshot 2024-08-16 000140.jpg

Screenshot 2024-08-16 000310.jpg

    

0 Likes

Thanks, Hiramabiff. Looks great. Over 5000 MHz. Thanks, John.

0 Likes

Maybe I am asking the wrong question. after looking and doing some digging i am noticing when ever I run multi core simulations, all my cores go to sleep and I am stuck running single core. Is there a way for me to make sure all cores are running? 

My single core and multi core score are the same with R24. Then when I run R23 My single core score is the same as my multi core score and watching ryzen master it shows that I am running single core and my multi cores are always asleep. This has to be a setting that I am not finding to make sure they are always awake. 

0 Likes

Hiramabiff, you are wasting your time running R23. You are also wasting our time running R24 Multiple core without posting a screenshot. Did you install a fresh copy of Windows as I asked? Did you do a Clear CMOS as I asked? John.

0 Likes

Yes did a 100% fresh install. Erased and reformatted the nvme drives. installed windows and made the post. You actually commented on the post. But here is a screen shot of my scores. It looks like m y cores when I run multi core goes to sleep and for some reason will not activate. 

If you notice my finished scores are pretty much identical between my single and mulit core test. it is as if I am core parked. 

r23 multi core.jpg

r23 multi core 1.jpg

r23 multi core 2.jpg

r23 multi core finish.jpg

   

cpuz test.jpg

0 Likes

Hiramabiff, I think this is our last rodeo. Please do, NOW, what I last asked you to do above including a fresh install of Windows then Cinebench R24, etc. Run Cinebench R24 and post screenshots of RM ONLY. John.

0 Likes

Finally figured out what it was. It was Cinebench. It kept applying settings and dropping my Threads down to 1, even though I never touched it. 

In case anyone else has this issue check to see if under preferences your version was checking custom number of render threads to 1 like mine was. I didn't even know that function was there until another forum told me to check it. Once it was found problem solved. But on the plus side, doing all the re-installs and what I went through did point and proved I had a bad memory stick. Fixed that issue and no issues since. Thank you everyone for helping me and especially @misterj for painstakingly attempting to diagnose the issue. With out him I would have still had many more issues. 

Screenshot 2024-08-19 171902.jpg

0 Likes