cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

jafarhansla
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen processor

Hi everyone, I'm planning to build a new PC and considering using an AMD Ryzen processor. What are the key factors I should consider when choosing the right Ryzen CPU for gaming and content creation? Any motherboard recommendations for maximizing performance?

0 Likes
1 Reply

Are you planning on using the IGPU or separate GPU card for gaming or content creation?

If your PC is going to be used mainly for gaming I read that the Ryzen processors Models "X3D" are the best type of processors for gaming but they have some drawbacks when it comes to actual performance when compared to other processors.

Other Users can show you the difference between a "X3D" and Non-X3D processor.

One key factor is your CPU/GPU combination. If your CPU is too powerful than it will bottleneck your GPU and slow it down and if your GPU card is too powerful than your CPU then your CPU will bottleneck and slow down.

Go to this website that will give you a general idea if your CPU/GPU combination will cause a bottleneck in the CPU or GPU: FPS & Bottleneck Calculator 

Another key factor is the type of RAM you will install. I suggest at least 16GB of System RAM or higher.  Plus the best RAM your Motherboard will support. This will help both your CPU performance and Gaming experience.

And of course the final key factor is your GPU card. The more vRAM your GPU card has the better for gaming and running videos. 

I read GPU cards with 12 GB or higher of vRAM are best for gaming.

anyways, other Users can give you better information since I am not a gamer.

0 Likes