Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

jklansang
Adept II

AMD Ryzen 5 5600GT getting too HOT

Hi everyone!

I am fairly new to this forum and fairly a noobie within the PC Building Community. I want to ask if it is normal for my Ryzen 5 5600GT to get at least 50° to 60°celsius under the minimal workload of just having 3 Google Chrome tabs open. When gaming, I usually go on the highest settings and the CPU gets hot around 85° to 97°celsius. I live in the Philippines and the ambient temp would usually get around 40° to 45°celsius. 

I tried to re-apply thermal paste and changed my CPU cooler with a tower cooler with 2 fans (it was worse during this time), so I have decided to return to my stock AMD CPU cooler. 
I have an Asus Prime B450M-A II mobo, RX 6600 GPU, Corsair 650W PSU, and 4x8GB of DDR4 RAM (I have used my 4 slots and I am not sure if this is the culprit). If you're going to ask, I have 8 fans in my case. Also, I made sure that the thermals are well intact with the CPU and I had to cris-cross while tightening the screws of my cooler (the screws are all tightened to their max).

I measure my temperature using Core Temp and it usually matches what the HWMonitor is having. But, when I use AMD's Adrenalin, it reads relatively low. 

I hope I will get some helpful answers from all of you guys. Whether if I should change my CPU Cooler, if yes can you make some suggestions? My CPU temps are making me worry. Thank you!

PS: I am currently at 61°celsius and have 4 chrome tabs, Core Temp, HWMonitor, and AMD's Adrenalin open.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Hardwood
Paragon

Pheww.. I'm sweating just thinking about that ambient temp.

95c seems to be the happy maximum. I know mine gets up into the 80s when gaming and it's only 20c here.

Should you worry, no. It will happily shut down if it gets too hot. Worst case scenario is it only lasts for 10years instead of 15-20.

You can add or optimize case fans  but your ambient is the problem.  You'd be better off buying an air conditioner of some kind for your computer room.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB

Hi Hardwood, thank you for your response. I know it's kinda hot in here. I will try to transfer my PC to my air-conditioned room. As of this writing, we are currently at 33°C since there was a lot of rain last night. Now, my CPU is currently behaving between 42°C to 50°C. 

I really think it could be the ambient temp that causes these overheating problems with my CPU.

Again, I thank you for your response.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

jklansang, please post a screenshot of Adrenalin when at a high temperature. It is probably correct while CoreTemp and HWMonitor are incorrect. I run neither. If by ambient temperature of 40c to 45C you are talking the system environment (not outside) then you are probably OK. The maximum for your 5600GT is 95C. If you can install Ryzen Master (RM) and post a screenshot. Thanks and enjoy, John.

Hi misterj, 

Thanks for the response. What I mean about the ambient temperature was my current room temperature while I was writing my post. As of this writing, we currently have 27c to 30c room temperature since there has been a lot of rain since the last day. 

Here are the current temperatures of my CPU coming from Core Temp, HWMonitor, and Adrenalin.

PS: Last time, while having the same amount of Google Chrome tabs open, I was getting around 50c to 55c.

jklansang_0-1719183675068.png

0 Likes

Thanks, jklansang. I assume you cannot install RM, thus no screenshot. The junction temperature is directly and linearly related to the ambient temperature. Lower the ambient temperature 10C and the Tj will drop by 10C. You are fine. Please stick with Adrenalin temperatures. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi, 

Thank you so much for the response. Very much appreciated. I will take note of these. Have a great one, cheers!

0 Likes