cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

stevendi
Adept I

AM5 socket pin bending or broken

AM5 socket pin bending or broken as below,I am not sure it need repaire or still can be used?

Will it affect function of CPU or memory?

IMG_20240908_222342.jpg

IMG_20240908_222243.jpg

0 Likes
8 Replies
stevendi
Adept I

Finally, find the bending pin is VSS and JTAG TMS,hope it will not affect my application...

0 Likes

stevendi, I will say the obvious. If the MB came this way, then RMA it. John.

FunkZ
Grandmaster

One reason I prefer AM4 over AM5. Had too many Intel boards suffer this, very minor appearing misalignments that cause it not to work.

Give me a processor with pins any day!

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

FunkZ, it looks like we will continue to see more of LGA in the future. It seems that LGA can provide higher pin density thus more pins. My old 3970X has over 4000 pins using the LGA and some EPYC processors have more than 6000 pins. John.

0 Likes

just curious but did your motherboard when you first unpacked it did the Motherboard's socket have some sort of protector covering the pins?

The older Ryzen processors that have pins always came packaged in a way where the processor's pins are protected against damaged.

Generally most Warranties are voided if the hardware is damaged in any way like bent or broken pins because it is considered to be Customer Error in most cases unless you can prove that you received the hardware damaged when you unpacked the product and the damaged was caused at the factory or during packing.

0 Likes

yep, I make it bending when I install CPU in it.

Fortunately, it still works well.

But i do not use any double frequency funcion, just set as default frequency

stevendi
Adept I

After I build up my computer,seems work well,this two bending pin VSS and TMS in socket,seems do not affect my PC,or it still connect CPU well.

However I do not change my CPU frequecy,do not know it affect frequecy change function.

0 Likes
stevendi
Adept I

my problem is solved, thanks for all your help

0 Likes