cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

walvest
Adept II

9900X CPU Makes Music Production Impossible

I’ve discovered that the essential licensing software for music production, iLok License Manager, does not run on the 9900X. Additionally, the DAW program Cakewalk, while it installs on the 9900X, does not function properly when executed. UA Connect, which is necessary to use UAD plugins, also fails to run. Since many programs, virtual instruments, and plugins rely on iLok License Manager, it is currently impossible to produce music on the 9900X.

I’ve seen other users on Reddit experiencing the same issues with the 9900X and 9950X. It’s surprising to see such problems with well-established programs like iLok and Cakewalk, which have been consistently updated and have run smoothly on any computer until now. I hope AMD can provide a solution to this issue soon.

240 Replies
shredding_J
Adept I

I just added two new VST's I didn't own before but reaper finds them, then failed to load them. Will someone check if this 30d trial version works https://www.pspaudioware.com/products/psp-saturator ? Then I will know If it's the AMD bug or something else...

0 Likes