cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

nonick
Adept I

7950x3D not parking cores for VR Games

I’m experiencing stuttering specifically in VR games with my 7950X3D. My system is fully updated (BIOS, chipset drivers, Windows 11 Pro (fresh installed), Game Bar, and Game Mode is enabled. When I run standard flat games, CCD1 is parked as expected, and everything runs smoothly. However, when I launch the same game (iracing) but in VR, the system doesn’t seem to recognize it as a game, and both CCDs (CCD0 and CCD1) remain active. This leads to performance issues and noticeable stuttering in VR. Has anyone encountered this problem or found a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit1: the option “remember this is a game” is missing from the gamebar when pressing windows+g inside the game

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

nonick, who writes the applications you are using? You should communicate with them. John.

0 Likes

Hi John,

Thanks for your response. The issue seems to happen across various VR applications and games, so it’s not tied to a specific developer. From what I understand, it seems more related to how the CPU’s core parking works with VR games, as the system doesn’t seem to treat VR titles the same way as regular flat games. I’m hoping to find out if there are any AMD settings or configurations I can tweak to ensure proper core parking behavior in VR. Any further insights would be appreciated.

0 Likes

Just tested here, if I disable CCD1 the game runs much better, with no stutters. I wish I could use both CCDs. 

0 Likes