Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

ElGuich
Journeyman III

7900X RMA. No news

Hi,

I am living in France, and I have sent back my processor for RMA the 23/05/24, to the reseller TOPBIZ.fr, and have no news. The reseller tells me that it is still in process… For example, I received a new motherboard from Asus and a new ram from Corsair in one week, after the day I sent them the unit. Only after that I decided to ask for a RMA for my CPU and it is stuck for now.

My computer is my main source of income, 3 weeks blocked is too much. I have a backup solution but that doesn't allow me to do my work as efficiently as my main unit. The reseller doesn't want to give me the AMD reference to contact you and maybe find a solution so I am trying my luck here. Please give me a solution. I was on Intel till now and never had a problem so I am starting to regret my choices. Regards

Guillaume

0 Likes
1 Solution
FunkZ
Grandmaster

If the 7900X was a retail box processor, you could have opened an RMA directly with AMD without going through the reseller. If it was an OEM chip then after 30 days warranty claims have to go through the reseller.

Either way, as you have already sent the processor back to the reseller, I believe you are likely stuck waiting on them to provide you status, but you can always ask. Here's the link to the online service request, and there is also a link there for telephone numbers if you prefer to call.

https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT

View solution in original post

1 Reply
FunkZ
Grandmaster

If the 7900X was a retail box processor, you could have opened an RMA directly with AMD without going through the reseller. If it was an OEM chip then after 30 days warranty claims have to go through the reseller.

Either way, as you have already sent the processor back to the reseller, I believe you are likely stuck waiting on them to provide you status, but you can always ask. Here's the link to the online service request, and there is also a link there for telephone numbers if you prefer to call.

https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT