cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

KZDKM
Journeyman III

Windows Mixed Reality crashing/freezing/BSOD with RX6800XT

When I start WMR with RX6800XT, the system freezes, either the headset display backlight turns on and off again without any image until I close WMR, or wdm.exe crashes, sometimes it even BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on amdkmdag.sys.

Tried driver versions (proper installation by uninstalling  the previous version with DDU):

22.12.1; 22.11.2; 22.10.2: system freezes and BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on amdkmdag.sys

22.8.1; 22.5.1: system freezes and occasionally start flickering white until dwm.exe and WMR and openxr app crashes, putting the vr headset to sleep mode, WMR reports error 14-1 (display driver timeout)

22.2.2: system freezes and WMR crashes, putting the headset to sleep mode, WMR reports error 14-1 (display driver timeout)

20.12.1: works, however its missing lots of important fixes / feature update / performance optimizations, and it is not compatible with some games.

I upgraded from RTX2070, WRM works without any issues before installing RX6800XT. The 6800XT works fine with all the flatscreen games. I have reported this issue via the bug report tool and attaching the minidump file multiple times and I still didn't get a response.

0 Likes
0 Replies