cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

jomisamson
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 with Onboard Graphics

I have an HP laptop with Ryzen 7 on Radeon Graphics; SSD; Windows 11 and 12 gig system memory.  In general, I'm happy with the device and I'm not looking to get a new one just to be able to use one photo editing (not video) program.

I have a Photo Editing (ON1)  program I would like to use on it occasionally when I'm traveling - I have a desktop at home with a dedicated video card to use mainly.  ON1 system req recommend a dedicated video card with 8 VRAM.  It was suggested that more system memory might make enough of a difference for acceptable performance.

So, the question is:  would adding more system memory make any difference at all?  If so, how much would be recommended and would there be any recommendations for setup, drivers or whatever to make this happen?

Again, I'm not asking for perfect, just acceptable performance for occasional use.

0 Likes
2 Replies

The onboard graphics uses system ram, and i believe the max you can assign to it is 2gb.

ON1 has a support forum, check with them if that will work.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Hmmm- not sure - question (s) seem partially answered.  Had already talked w/ON1 TS and their inconclusive answers is why I inquired AMD.  If 2 is all that can be assigned for video, then why was it suggested that increasing the RAM , might be beneficial?  2 gig for video seems so limited when more is so available.  Your answer makes me wonder if 2 gig is all that can be assigned and then how is it done.      Sorry

0 Likes