Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

msaldanha
Journeyman III

RX6600 Timeout Driver

Good afternoon, gentlemen!

I have an AMD Radeon RX 6600 video card with about a year of use, I used it on the H510M biostar motherboard. My motherboard burned out and I switched to the gigabyte H510MH handheld and upgraded the power supply from 500w to 600w.

From the moment I changed my motherboard, I've been experiencing timeouts in the video driver. I changed my motherboard because the resistors in the processor IC burned out.

The message I get is "AMD software detected that a driver timeout has occurred on your system. An issue report has been created that can be sent to AMD to help improve our software. Would you live to report this issue" happens when I try to play heavier games, lighter games don't show any errors (rare situations have happened in lighter games).

Searching the internet, I tested a number of possible solutions:

- Update the AMD driver.
- Use an older version of the driver.
- Use an updated version of the driver.
- Use the driver only installation option.
- Create the TdrDelay and TdrDdiDelay registry keys in the path Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
- Increase the capacity of the power supply.
- In GPU setting, decrease 15% of maximum capacity.
- Disable Zero RPM.
- Activate the Advanced FAN Control feature.
- Upgrade bios driver v6 to v14.
- Among other solutions on this forum

Can anyone help me? It's a bit discouraging to have an expensive card (Brazil) and not be able to use everything it provides.

Setup

Windows 11 Pro 22H2
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400F
AMD Radeon RX 6600
Gigabyte h510m

0 Likes
1 Reply
msaldanha
Journeyman III

-I've tried adjusting the windows regedit overlay and formatted to windows 10, but the error is still there

0 Likes