cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

BlueOcean
Journeyman III

RX5700XT Driver and RAM Query

Hi I am using a RX5700XT 2.0 with G Skill Trident F4 3200 (128Gb). 

My system shuts down and restarts repeatedly when the AMD driver is enabled.  The S/R issue happens sporadically.  Once I started the PC with the drivers enabled and did not touch the system. It sat idle for 5-6 hrs (over night).  When I opened Google Chrome it was fine until I opened a page with GIF's videos links. Other times it will restart just the main screen comes up, a few seconds after logging in, as soon as AMD Adrenalin opens then the PC enters the Restart cycle until I hi the power button. 

Enabling the GPU driver makes the PC function as if a wire is lose while using the PC in a car traveling a bumpy road!!

I can only use my PC if I quickly open Device Manager and disable the RX5700Xt driver.  I am using the latest AMD driver.

Question: I noted my G Skill memory sticks are showing 1,333MHz using HWiNFO64 and AIDA64 shows 1,333MHz. Is this too low for the RX5700XT which is advertised with a base frequency of 1605 MHz?  

I welcome any guidance you can afford me.

I am wondering if the RAM frequency is causing or contributing to the auto shut down and restart issue.

Also note AIDA64 sees the X5700XT with driver disabled but of course there is no performance data to display.  

I am planning to:

• a fresh install W10 on a SSD to retire the 12 yrs old Samsung HDD (from my Dell XPS 8100)
  • install the AMD graphic driver from 2019 to see if 2020 driver is the issue

The Main System parts (all new except...main HDD that is 12 yrs old)

• MSI Creation X570 MB
  • AMD 3900XT CPU
  • Gigabyte RX5700XT 2.0 8GB (Driver: 27.20.14501.28009 as reported by AIDA64)
  • G Skill TridentZ F4-3200C16-32GTZN (32GB x 4 +=128GB)
  • Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB 850W 
  • Notua CPU cooler 
  • Gigabyte Aorus NVME 1TB (actually its a rebranded WD M.2 which will not show up in disk manager...it partially showed up once and vanished)

0 Likes
0 Replies