cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Thefanman664
Journeyman III

Rx 7800xt shuts system down when under heavy game/stress test load

My rx7800xt is randomly shutting down when playing games like Call of Duty warzone, modded minecraft/shaders, enlisted, battlefield, and stress test applications. I recently bought this card for $500 new and now i dont think it was worth it.

I7 12700KF 

RX7800XT (sapphire)

16gb Gskill Ripjaws

750W EVGA PSU. 

GPU temps never go past 73c but the hot spot temps can reach from 105c to 109c before the system just shuts off. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
voletco1
Journeyman III

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. I have a Sapphire Nitro + 7800xt,AMD RYZEN 7 5800x3d, H150i Elite LCD cooler, EVGA 1000Watt Supernova, G. Skill RAM, all plugged into a Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite. I've been running this current setup now for a little over a month. I did OC & undervolt, and have had it this way now for the better part of 2 weeks. I thankfully haven't had any crashes or system hanging to speak of. I have done a bit of research, and saw that there is some kind of bug that causes the mV of the card to spike above the limit set (causing the crash). I have all drivers and bios fully up to date. My overclock is 150% power limit, 2750MHz max frequency, 2520VRAM, with an undervolt of 1110.

0 Likes

Mine I've kept at stocl speeds, mainly because i don't lile messing with voltages, but from what I've seen online, messing with voltages can fix it, but I'm not savvy enough to really know how to, and it's still under warranty so i think im going to go the warranty route. 

0 Likes