cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

ekimdemirci
Adept I

RX 6600 Screen Flicker and System Crash

I am using on my system Gigabyte Eagle RX 6600. I could'nt find the cause of this problem that started about a few mounts ago. I want to summarize.

First of all, i'm using Windows 11 and i have two monitors. The first monitor is MSI's 144Hz curved monitor and the second one is 60Hz.

For a while, my screen has been flickering wildly, especially when i go to websites like Twitter through the browser and watch the videos there. This happens not only on Twitter. And also on some websites.

Also, the sustem freezes while playing games on the primary screen and watching something on the side screen. I can only use it when i restart the computer with the reset button.

My system has Gigabyte B450M S2H motherboard, Ryzen 5 5600X processor, 24GB 2400 Mhz RAM. Could there be a problem with the system? Or is this a software problem? Or is it because of Hz differences between my monitors?

Note: This problem has been around for about 2 months and it didn't get fixed even though i reinstalled all the drivers.

6 Replies
ybalcanci
Journeyman III

I have the exact same flickering + crashing issue. Using GIGABYTE RX 6600 + MSI 165hz Curved monitor...

0 Likes

According to what I have read in different forums, it is said that this problem may be caused by low RAM frequency. In another content I read, it was stated that it could be due to the Hz difference between the monitors. In another forum, it was said that it may be due to Windows 11.

I didn't get this issue due to any hardware changes. I started to encounter such a problem after a Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition update that came about 2-3 months ago and it is still not resolved.

0 Likes

Have you tried rolling back to the recommended 22.5.1 drivers? 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

yes i tried. but my problem is not fixed.

0 Likes

Do you have Freesync on?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

nope, im not use freesync

0 Likes