cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Lokiiisme
Adept I

RX 560 issues since update

I recently updated drivers and the adrenaline software. Since that I have had a couple of issues pop up. 

I have a dual monitor setup and both problems seem to be somewhat related to that. 

First, I can no longer set my main monitor. In display settings the checkmark is there but I cannot do anything with it. I could not find anything in the Adrenaline software to adjust this. Am I missing something? Or is this a bug?

The second thing, sometimes I shift down to just one monitor as I use the other one for work. When I am in single monitor mode on just #1 and have a game at full screen the graphics will drop in and out. If I am not in full screen, or not in a game nothing happens. Also if I am just on Monitor #2 this does not happen. #1 is also the monitor that is forced to be the main monitor when in dual screen mode. If I am in dual mode and put the game on monitor 1 in full screen there are no problems. 

Monitor #1 is in the display port on the card via an HDMI to display port cable as my monitors have no display port. #2 is in the HDMI port. The monitors are the same Asus model.

Anyone having similar issues or have any thoughts to resolve?

0 Likes
4 Replies

In Windows Settings - Display can you make your Main Monitor the Main Display?

0 Likes

No, I cannot. That is the checkbox I am talking about. there is a check in it no matter which screen I have the settings on and it cannot be unchecked. It is forcing monitor #1 to be main.

0 Likes

"First, I can no longer set my main monitor. In display settings the checkmark is there but I cannot do anything with it. I could not find anything in the Adrenaline software to adjust this."

When I read this I thought you were talking about AMD Radeon Settings and not Windows Settings since you didn't mention Windows anywhere in the above quote.

I have two Displays ( Main Monitor and TV Smart set) connected via  DP and HDMI to my GPU card plus a A/V Receiver connected via HDMI Cable also to my second HDMI Video port on my GPU card.

In Windows Settings it shows my Main Display and TV Display as 1/2 and checked as my Main Display since I have both connected as Duplicate in the settings. If you noticed I can't uncheck the box.

Screenshot 2022-05-21 122625.png

Display 3 is my A/V Receiver connected via HDMI Cable. I can make that as my Main Display which will remove the checked box from Display 1/2.  Thus now I can again Check mark Display 1/2 box as my Main Display.

Screenshot 2022-05-23 160150.png

So if both Monitors connected and showing like I have it you will need to change the Windows settings to split both Monitors to show Display 1 and Display 2 so that you can make either one the Main Display.

If it is showing as Display 1 and 2 then I don't have any suggestions and someone else will need to help you on this problem.

You also can open a AMD Support ticket and see what they say from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Or if  it is a Windows Problem post your question at a Windows 10 or 11 Forum or Microsoft forum.

0 Likes

I will probably have to try a ticket then. I am aware of the window settings. I think it is not a windows issue as it was not a problem until I did an update of my drivers and the AMD software.