cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

mn2609
Journeyman III

Refresh rate mismatch with Lenovo L29w-30 (Ryzen 5 2500U / Vega 8 Graphics)

I am having issues with my HP Envy x360 when it is connected via hub to my Lenovo L29w-30 monitor.
Frequently, the image is shaking and - more annoyingly - it completely shuts off for 2-3 seconds before coming back on.

Info on my setup: I use the HP Envy x360 with a AMD Ryzen 5 2500U processor and Vega 8 Graphics. The integrated laptop screen has a refresh rate of 120Hz. I use a hub (something cheap, name's "teetek", supports up to 60 Hz refresh rate) to connect the laptop to keyboard, mouse, headset and monitor. The monitor is a 90Hz Lenovo L29w-30 ultrawide screen.
I frequently attach my work laptop to the same setup (HP Elitebook, Intel i7-8550U CPU), which has absolutely no issues.

I use AMD Software: Adrenaline Edition and tried to activate Freesync, but it shows as "not supported" on both the integrated and the external monitor. I have tried a few things including

• uninstall and reinstall drivers (for monitor and AMD)

• Switch up refresh rates in the display settings

• Installing the lenovo display control center, which shows the monitor as not supported.

I assume that the issue lies with the processor/graphics card, as my work laptop functions absolutely perfectly on the setup.

I am out of ideas and really hope that one of you guys can help!

0 Likes
0 Replies