cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

taigart
Journeyman III

Only 7800XT Not Posting, BIOS problem ? What AMD did different in this card ?

Hello guys,

I have a big problem.

My PC :z690 Gigabyte Tachyon, 13700k, 32Gb RAM Gskill 6800Mhz

I bought a 7800XT to replace my 6700XT.

The first card didn't post to BIOS so I tought I had received a faulty card.

I bought another one different brand same problem ! The BIOS do not appears, black screen.

If i install my 6700XT again everything works flawlesly !

What I have tried : changing PCIe slot, using DP cable instead of HDMI, change PCie to Gen 3, using 2 different PSU cables  to power the card.

I even tried one more power hungry card (RTX 3080 of one of my friend) and works without any problem...

WHAT IS HAPPENING ?

My only thoughts is that the card is not compatible with the motherboard but it will be the first time I heard of this.

The Gigabite motherboard goes to Ab when booting, so in theory is in BIOS but I can't see it.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
6 Replies
taigart
Journeyman III

Tested the 7800XT on a B550 of a friend works without problems...

So PLEASE AMD can you work with Gigabyte to know why it doesn't work on a z690 Tachyon ?

Thank you

0 Likes

Im still testing, looks like its monitor (im using projector) problem with this videocard, i lauched it with UEFI  on and Secure boot on and PCIE Auto on, i connected smart tv and all working fine installed drivers   then changed HDMI cable to my projector. Did furmark, kombustor Quake II  rtx  tests all good,  except once when i tested forza 5 on 4k resolution i   go to  windows HDR settings and was   green screen i force shutdown on projector.I still texting if i see more issues i report .

0 Likes

Problem was in projector settings, when i set HDMI 2.0 off screen turns on from black, i used with HDMI 2.0  before with  any other videocards, idk what version is my HDMI cable, when i turn off HDMI 2.0 im loosing HDR its not available anymore, i reinstall windows soon idk why its happening but its fixed all, i dont have any problems just lost HDR

0 Likes

I'm happy for you, I also tried with display port, no luck for me

0 Likes

I updated bios on my asus b550m wifi something... I have had about 5 good boots since (100% success). The other thing I did was to reseat the gpu.

I also posted in another thread about this. 

0 Likes

I don't have any problem on the B550 the problem is on the z690...and according to Gigbayte everything works correctly from their side so I don't really know what to do, I will send back the card...
AMEN no 7800xt for me

0 Likes