cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

gamingadmirer
Journeyman III

Need Advice for my build

Hi, I am building a new PC for gaming, looking to play at 4k 60 fps (high-quality of course) tops. This is the parts I have currently managed to pick:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
MSI Godlike AM4 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600
Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case

And it's the graphics card where I am stuck right now. 

According to this website, the GPUs in both the RX 6800 and Rx 6800XT are the same with an only major difference in their memories. My question here is that is it worth spending the extra $100 bucks. I want to push the limits, will there be a noticeable difference if I go for RX 6800XT?  

0 Likes
1 Solution

The Sapphire Nitro + RX6800XT seems to be the best AIB version I have seen so far.
All reviews are in this thread: https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/rdna2-rdna-refresh-and-quot-big-navi-quot-launch-and-reviews/m...
I have closed the thread because - well the GPUs do not exist to purchase. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Can't really help you concerning the GPU cards but this previous tech article explains the importance of vRAM: https://digitalconqurer.com/pc/graphics/why-does-more-vram-matter-for-a-graphics-card/

It might help you decide which GPU card you may want to purchase and explains the importance or Video Memory to answer your question.

Also these are high powered GPU cards, the 6xxx series. You didn't post your PSU that you are going to be using.

AMD recommends for the RX6800 (250 Watts) a minimum PSU wattage of 650 Watts and for the RX6800XT (300 Watts) a minimum PSU wattage of 750 Watts.

Since you also will be using a 5600X processor I suggest you get a minimum PSU of at least 850 Watts or higher rated in one of the metal ratings (Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze). 

Also since you have a top of the line Motherboard make sure the Corsair RAM is listed as being compatible with your motherboard and processor under the Motherboard's QVL list for RAM for your Processor or at Corsair Support.

nsargentum
Adept II

It's not the only difference. The Key reason why I'm getting a 6800xt over the 6800 is the 72 compute Units versus the 60 CUs of the 6800. This means higher average FPS across the board.

If you're doing anything other than 1080p gaming, I'd recommend going higher than the 6800 if you want a premium experience.

That being said, if you're getting a 6800, It looks like a really nice purchase. I would not say that it isn't the right card for people. I just think that if you have the extra 70$, buy the better card, you'll get a better experience because it's a higher tier card.

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

001.PNG002.PNG

There is a huge difference in core count between the two GPUs. Video memory bandwidths are the same for the two GPUs.

Thank you, guys. I've decided to go with 6800XT. If the premium experience is gonna come at an extra $70-$80 bucks then why not. I just hope they're available again in stores since I checked today and every store in my locality was out of stock on them. 

The Sapphire Nitro + RX6800XT seems to be the best AIB version I have seen so far.
All reviews are in this thread: https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/rdna2-rdna-refresh-and-quot-big-navi-quot-launch-and-reviews/m...
I have closed the thread because - well the GPUs do not exist to purchase.