cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

matdog0316
Journeyman III

My moniter keeps going black for a few seconds every couple minutes

So i had this issue like a year ago when i had a amd gpu i think it was like a rx 580 or somthing but after having it for a while when i would play games my moniter randomly started going black for a few seconds and then it would come back on it seemed to be when i was doing somthing like gaming but occasionally it would happen whenever. Then my gpu broke and i got a new one which was the rtx 3050 no problem with the screen doing this. Fast foward to now i just bought a new gpu, the rx 6800 installed it and realized my pc was kinda being werid my gpu useage was very low and was not performing aswell it would reach higher frames but there would be tears and frame drops then i thought it was because i was bottenecking my cpu bc it was a ryzen 5 3600 got a new one which i have now the ryzen 5 5600x  played a little bit and it seemed it fixed the problem. I was having no tears, no frame drops, no black screen issues and was getting around 350 frames on valorant then i turned off my pc got on later in the day and i started having issues again screen tearing the black screen thing, and my frames were very low and ms was really high in overwatch idk why. And the frame drops were very bad in valorant. I need help i dont know what to do cause i just spent $600 upgrading my cpu and gpu and now my pc is performing worse then it was and my moniter goes black while playing games 

Thanks in Advanced.

0 Likes
1 Reply
matdog0316
Journeyman III

oh and i forgot to say my gpu and cpu usage went up after getting a new cpu because it was very low before 

0 Likes