cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

fluffypawyt
Journeyman III

How do I turn on my fan on my graphics card

How do I turn on my RX 550 fan. I looked everywhere on the AMD screen, but I just can't turn it on, please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Go into Adrenalin and look for the Performance tab.

In Performance locate Tuning.

In Tuning locate the GPU section and click Custom.

This should reveal the Fan Tuning section.

Enable Fan Tuning, and disable Zero RPM.

Doing this will cause the fan to turn on and stay on as long as your computer is on. 

You can also select Advanced Control, and create a fan curve of your own. I personally leave the default curve because it is already a pretty aggressive fan curve once you enable Advanced Control.

You should see something like this.

cpurpe91_0-1685487843175.png

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PythonCoderPro
Challenger

They should turn on by themselves when you boot up your pc.

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home
0 Likes

for me it doesn't

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Go into Adrenalin and look for the Performance tab.

In Performance locate Tuning.

In Tuning locate the GPU section and click Custom.

This should reveal the Fan Tuning section.

Enable Fan Tuning, and disable Zero RPM.

Doing this will cause the fan to turn on and stay on as long as your computer is on. 

You can also select Advanced Control, and create a fan curve of your own. I personally leave the default curve because it is already a pretty aggressive fan curve once you enable Advanced Control.

You should see something like this.

cpurpe91_0-1685487843175.png

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB