cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Rollo55
Journeyman III

How can I get this %*&& Display Port to work?

No matter what I do, I cannot get Display Port to work with the onboard graphics of AMD Ryzen 9 7950X.

There are two ports on the motherboard (ASUS ProArt X670-E Creator WiFi): HDMI and DP. All of the monitors I tested work fine with HDMI, but not a single one works with Display Port. The BIOS is updated and set to force IGFX. But any monitor connected to Display Port only says, "No signal". 

This is so frustrating! Would be grateful for any help to resolve this. Thank you!

0 Likes
3 Replies
KhrisBrincos
Adept I

Hi bro,

You could try swap a "high end" DP cable vesa certified, most of the cases low quality cables could cause issues, ugreen its VESA certified and its avaialble at amazon.

additionally, check your monitor firmware is the latest.
and on the physiciall monitor settings try to change the display port vesion, for example mine let me swap between 1.1 and 1.2, aswell disable all extra or special fetures to determine if the issue could be caused by any hardware setting.

Qoojo
Miniboss

The displayport on that motherboard is an input for thunderbolt for USB4. The only output display is the HDMI.

Section 2.3 of the manual has the labels for the rear panel connectors.

Thank you for this! I am reading the manual again and to my embarrassment I realize that Display Port is indeed marked as "Display Port In". But now I'm lost as the two scenarios they outline for Type C monitors. I have two monitors: 4K and HD, and if possible, I would like to connect them both to the onboard graphics so that I can reserve the two remaining cards for rendering. However, reading the manual again I am not sure if this is even possible and if so I'm not sure what's a good strategy would be for my monitors. Thanks again for your helpful reply.

0 Likes