cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Fazil2712
Journeyman III

Hotspot rx vega 56 is crazy

So, around 3 months ago i bought rx vega 56 powercolor red devil and it seems really cool and strong(lol) and yeah it is pretty strong, but at some part of the game map, or the majority of benchmark(ungine heaven and furmark especially) its hotspot temp reaches over 100°c and sometimes even get past 105°c in many benchmarks while the overall temp didnt even go over 65°c, and i thought it will be fine since many website are saying hotspot can get pass 100°c easily and i shouldnt really care about it. The problem is, i think my gpu is definetely thermal throttling since whenever i used my gpu z to monitor the frequency of the gpu is jumping around 1190 ish to 1590 ish, which is really concerning since my game fps also often dropped in a split second and then goes normal again and this happen quite a lot when i play games with big map like apex, fortnite, etc. And i think its really affecting my experience playing and when i also tried to get scores from heaven benchmark it also shows a really bad scores compared to other cards that is supposedly worse than my card, if you know anything about how to fix this hotspot temp, please help me i already tried to do many things over the past month like repasting it with nt-h1, or making sure the heatsink has enough pressure, or even using it without my pc case because i thought it was because of the airflow.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Fazil2712
Journeyman III

Also already tried to undervolt it with -5% power limit and around 1550 mhz frequency limit, but still wont work, i even turned off the zero rpm feature and make sure these fans work at it best but still no noticeable change

0 Likes