Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

deployer
Journeyman III

Graphics artefacts in Assassin's creed Odyssey with RX580 8 Gb

Hardware: Core i5 2500 / 16 Gb DDR3 / RX 580 8Gb

Software: Windows 7 Ultimate

Hello, community!

I've faced with terrible issue in AC Odyssey. Please, see it via the link below. The issue have been appeared after patch 1.1.2 from Ubisoft. I've tried several versions of adrenaline drivers. The issues still remains. The question is - may it be fixed in drivers or it's completely Ubisoft's patch problem? Are there same issues raithed?

All other games like AC Origins, Far Cry 4, 5, Final Fantasy XV etc work fine.

Twitch 

Thank you in advance for answers/fixes 

0 Likes
12 Replies

Since you mentioned the problem started AFTER installing the Ubisoft Patch 1.1.2, I would suggest restoring your computer back before you installed the patch or try uninstalling the patch and see if it works normally. If it does, means the patch may not be compatible with AMD Driver.

If all other games work normally, it doesn't indicate a driver problem but rather a game problem from Ubisoft.

Here is the latest RX 580 driver from AMD Download page for Windows 7 x64: Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.2 Release Notes | AMD 

By the way, what type or ERROR MESSAGES are you getting when your run the game?

0 Likes
deployer
Journeyman III

Dear Elstaci,

Thank you for your reply. The patch 1.1.2 was installed automatically via steam. Do you know the way to restore previous version of the game? Please, advise.

I use latest drivers 19.1.2. There are no error messages appeared during the game, just screen artifacting.

It is so sad if the game can't work correctly with exactly my Radeon.  I've played abot 90 hours before the issue and love that game.

0 Likes

From what I have read, No you can't uninstall a patch that was downloaded and installed via Steam as per this thread at Steam Forum:How do I remove the 1.2 patch and keep it removed? :: Fallout 4 General Discussions (From 2015)

But slightly newer Steam Forum thread mentions also you can uninstall a patch but you could do something else: How do I uninstall a patch? :: Help and Tips (From 2016).

0 Likes

I've investigated and found there isn't a possibility to uninstall the patch. I plan to try another OS (Win 10 for example).

I hope the issue will gone.

0 Likes

Hello again. Yesterday I moved to Win 10 and found the issue still remains  Is there any way to fix that bag?

Please. HELP!

0 Likes

Problem is you are still running that game with the latest patch that seems to be causing your problems. No matter what OS you have installed.

I am not saying that the Ubisoft Patch is the reason but seems to be since that is when all your problems started.

Now that you have Windows 10 installed, can you completely uninstall that one particular game and then install it again under the new Windows? It will still automatically install the patch but maybe by installing it again it will configure itself to the new Windows 10.

Possible that patch wasn't compatible with Windows 7. So I would completely uninstall AC Odyssey from your computer and manually delete any folders related to the at game and do a "Clean" installation of the game under Windows 10. Then see if you continue to have the same issue or it changes.

0 Likes

Dear Elstaci,

I've done exactly like you're described. But the issue is still remains. Could you, please, inform whether this only mine problem or there is someone else with the same issue?

0 Likes

I am stuck, maybe someone else reading this thread who has a lot of experience with that particular game or similar problem will post here.

Sorry I couldn't help you. What is strange is that you mentioned it happened right after you installed the latest patch.

Have you gone to Ubisoft Support or Ubisoft Forum and opened a Support Ticket or thread concerning this problem? It is possible they will say it is a driver, Windows, or game problem. Maybe they might be able to narrow down what you need to troubleshoot for on your computer.

0 Likes

I had raithed a ticket to UBI support of course. They didn't help. What am I thinking...

On one hand - I got a problem AFTER the patch 1.1.2 installed.

On anothe hand - I see no similar issues on forums/discussions and so on.

I would accept my Radeon is broken but ALL other games run perfectly (Assassin's creed Origin, Far Cry 3,4,5, The witcher 3, Final Fantasy 15, Kingdom come deliverance and so on.)

May be I have an unique PC configuration  

So, can I ask your thougts about VSync? As I have quite old monitor Benq V2220 with DVI is it possible the issue will gone after replacing the monitor to the one with Display Port to use AMD FreeSync technology? Whoult it help? What do you think?

0 Likes
optimusprime
Journeyman III

its not assasins fault I have the same error in Americas army proving grounds. yellow artefacts+enormus fps drops

0 Likes

I have no fps drops. Just artefacting. The issue had appeared after the patch 1.1.2 installed (see above).

0 Likes
deployer
Journeyman III

Continue... Today I've found that it's still because of driver. I re-install Windows 10 to very new HDD with default display driver (Version 17.1).

Then I run Assassin's creed Odyssey and found the issue with artifacts has gone! But I got another issue. It's a quite poor FPS perfomance.

So, I'm in hope that the issue will gone after new drivers released.

0 Likes