cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

ForgottenMythzz
Journeyman III

GPU usage spikes from 0-100%

I brought My PC last year on the 1st of January 2020, however, since then I wasn't really able to play games properly on the pc due to exams and other problem recently I have started playing heavy games on my pc and have noticed severe lag (I have posted a video exhibiting the lag) Link:- GPU usage fluctuating. - YouTube

MY PC SPECS ARE:-
CPU - I7 3770S
GPU- RX 580
HDD- 500GB (Games are running from HDD)
SSD- 128GB (OPERATING SYSTEM IS ON SSD)
Mobo- H61 Dual slot
Ram - 8GB (4x2)
Power supply- 500W (sorry Idk the brand)

THINGS I HAVE TRIED

1. Reinstalling the windows
  2. Updating the drivers ( i deleted them also then reinstalled them)
  3. Watched every video on the internet and trying what they say yet of no use
    4. Tried playing on different settings like ultra, high, medium, low, etc. tried it with VSYNC On and off  
    NOTE:- it happens in all games  like horizon zero dawn, assassin's creed origins, Forza horizon 4, etc

NOTE:- I have like run GPU benchmarks yet it shows 100% usage in them and it does not fluctuate in them and secondly the frame time also fluctuate when GPU usage spike                               
    HHD (HARD DRIVE):- 100% health and temp are 38degree (using crystal disc info)
 SSD (SOLID STATE DRIVE):- 97% health and Temp 37degree (using crystal disc info 

Would really appreciate any type of help. Thank you in advance for taking time out of your life and helping me. PEACE!

0 Likes
1 Reply
coopejist
Adept I

did you find a solution for this problem? i also have a rx 580 8gb and my gpu usage keep spiking from 0 to 100

0 Likes