cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Mike99
Journeyman III

Dual monitor problem -- SOLVED

This isn't an unusual problem with Win11 but the usual fixes aren't helping and the last time I had this issue the AMB software fixed it. But not this time.

I don't even know what was going on but after moving the undetected monitor to another computer, having the same issue on Win10, trying it on HDMI, having the same problem, rebooting and getting an HDMI signal, and then plugging in the DP cable again everything worked. And it's fine on the Win11 machine now. Something in the Dell monitor's brain but I have no idea what.

I'm using the onboard 760M graphics on a Ryzen 5 8600G on a Gigabyte B650 motherboard. New build with Windows 11, which failed to detect the second monitor. None of the common fixes worked. I installed AMD Adrenaline 29.9.1 and the second monitor came up without my doing anything. All was good after that. I uninstalled Adrenaline because I couldn't keep it from popping up with every boot and reinstalled the drivers only. All still good.

While rearranging things as I was cleaning up wire runs, etc. I unplugged my primary monitor and plugged it back in. The system then failed to recognize it. No problem -- AMD Adrenaline to the rescue. But not this time. I've reinstalled it a couple times but nothing changes.

This is a Win11 problem but since it was the AMD software that fixed it when nothing else did I'm hoping there will be a suggestion on how to work that magic again. I'm surprised it didn't figure out what's there again. I've tried everything else I've found across several Windows forums multiple times including hard reboot, various ways of turning monitor on and off, even uninstalling the display adapter driver and hard rebooting to have it install it again. I know the cable is OK and everything CAN work because it WAS working.

Any suggestions?

TIA

0 Likes
0 Replies