cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

halpha2omeba
Journeyman III

Can anyone ID this card?

PC gifted to me has an Radeon card, metallic blue with Radeon down the length of the visible side.  Card is metallic blue with a sorta double swoosh in yellow on the top.  Dimensions are ~ 10 in. length by 1.5  height.  Card has 3 DisplayPort and 1 port that I don't recognize.

I could take it out, find a serial #, and so on, but would just as soon not so early in the game.  I just need to find out the specs before buying a new monitor, or before buying a new graphics card/monitor pair.

Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies

Probably one of the professional models.

If you're using the pc download gpu-z, if not 5 Min. to remove the card.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Thanks, goodplay.  Yeah, all that works, no doubt.  Thing is, I'm old, my living space is cramped and lacks work space, the lighting's not particularly good and my eyesight's worse, and I didn't build the new PC and am not familiar with the innards. 

I'll be giving my old pc to my g'daughter, so conversion is just a typical move-to-a-new-machine project like I've done numerous time, but with a few added wrinkles and still basically a pita anyhow. But hey, spiffy new pc!

But now that I think about it, I can just move the hard drive from the old to the new PC, then boot up the new and stay on it until it's as I'd like (copy my data over, install/authorize software), then switch the hard drive back and boot up the old to get it as I'd like (remove my data, deinstall proprietary software) before handing it over to g'daughter, then boot back up on the new.  That seems to be the critical path, would you agree?  If I need to change graphics cards to handle a newer monitor I can take care of that later, though I was hoping find out what I have in order to take advantage of current sales on monitors.

Thanks for you help!

H2O

(it's an old "Pogo" gag: Rogy Batoon, front man for a group of singing fishes [a stellar set of squamose songsters called The Louisanna Perches] comes wandering into the comic strip carrying a satchel with a big H2O monagrammed on the side.  Later events reveal that the satchel is filled with water containing his good friend, an amoeba named Halpha 2 Omeba.)

0 Likes