Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Staubwedel
Journeyman III

ASRock 6800 Challenger OC underperforming

Hey people!

Recently purchased my ASRock Radeon 6800 Challenger OC to put it in my freshly build gaming PC. But the GPU underperforms. Gaming Clock is 1905 Mhz and boost clock should be 2140 Mhz.

My card does not clock higher than somewhat around 1950MHz. It is constantly around that frequence +- a bit. That is in Cyberpunk 1080p maxed out details full throttle everything.

Monitoring log was 90 minutes long, no clock beyond 1950Mhz. GPU Usage is constantly 95-99%.

Temperatures are a joke. That cooler does its job perfectely fine. Max 55°C Core and 65°C Hot-Spot temperature - after 3h Cyberpunk.

So, where is the boost clock?

Do we have a faulty card BIOS here?

It gets even worse in 3DMark TimeSpy. Max Clock in here is ~1860MHz. Every reference RX 6800 does better here. Only reaching 12250 points total. Reference Card on similar Systems score 14500+ Points.

Already installed a squeaky clean windows 10 with all new drivers and such. Tried various settings in Bios and Windows. No energysavers are enganged as far as i know. Updated my Mainboards Bios to the latest verision, but no improvements...

Did not play with Cards settings since i just got it fresh. Still under warranty.

Already contacted ASRock Support, but they are closed until 4th of January.

Need to know ASAP if it is the Cards BIOS or if the card itself is faulty so i have to return it to the seller.

BIOS Vesion is: 020.001.000.043.800202

AMD Driver: 20.12.2 Mainboard:

ASUS ROG B550 F Gaming

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

RAM: 32GB Corsair Venegance 3600Mhz

PSU: 750W Be Quiet E11 Straight Power (GPU connected with 2 seperate 8 Pin connector cables)

Greetings from Germany!

1 Reply
referer
Journeyman III

Hello, amigo! The same card, the same clocks and the same temperatures, but we have got a new Bios there (02.02.2021), and OMG, it solved all problems, now boost is fine and temeratures higher (60+ on core and 75+ is hotspot temp)! Card is silent like before!

0 Likes